Animated figures walk on heels(toes pointing up)

mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

One of the quirks in creating walking animations on any figure in Daz Studio 4.6 Pro is most of the figures walk on their heels,and even more so if the figure is fitted with high heel shoes.
Is this a common problem in Daz walking animations or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited May 2014

If you are using Aniblocks designed for V4 on Genesis, this will happen.

There is a fix for the feet on the GoFigure website, I'll see if I can find you a link.

Aniblocks need to be used on the characters they were designed for,

Edit:

Genesis foot problem animation GoFigure
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/15802/#231972

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • mjordy59mjordy59 Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tips,but,as far as I know,I've been using the correct AniBlocks on each respective figure. But, even the right AniBlocks on Genesis make the figure walk like on its heels.. And I just watched a few YouTube Daz animations with the same problem: figure walking with heels curving up.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Maury1 said:
    Thanks for the tips,but,as far as I know,I've been using the correct AniBlocks on each respective figure. But, even the right AniBlocks on Genesis make the figure walk like on its heels.. And I just watched a few YouTube Daz animations with the same problem: figure walking with heels curving up.

you have to add the foot off set to a layer .

• his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited August 2014

I'm just now learning about Aniblocks and feet. I've tried V4, Genesis and Genesis 2, with and without shoes, with and without the Genesis Offset. The only good results I get are V4, without shoes. Right now, I'm going to focus on the idea that I can animate without showing walking feet. Often you can watch a whole movie and you never see any feet. Greta Garbo wore house slippers in all of her films, since her feet were never on camera.

I'm going to have a look at the link above now.

Post edited by his x on