If I were to download something free from the internet (to use on DAZ studio)

chadwade.gchadwade.g Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

how would i go about using it with DAZ?

i can't seem to figure it out..

:(

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,523
    edited December 1969

First of all, is the thing you download made for DAZ Studio or Poser? If so if hopefully comes with a file structure that is correct.

My advice is: Create a new "My Library" file structure on your disk. then unzip/unrar the thing you downloaded and put it into that new file structure. and telling DAZ Studio that there is a new file structure (content library) out there to use.

If it's not made for DS, then you import using the import function, and you most probably need to set scale and textures yourself.

Remember also that non-DAZ content doesn't come with any meta data for smart content.

• chadwade.gchadwade.g Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    First of all, is the thing you download made for DAZ Studio or Poser? If so if hopefully comes with a file structure that is correct.

My advice is: Create a new "My Library" file structure on your disk. then unzip/unrar the thing you downloaded and put it into that new file structure. and telling DAZ Studio that there is a new file structure (content library) out there to use.

If it's not made for DS, then you import using the import function, and you most probably need to set scale and textures yourself.

Remember also that non-DAZ content doesn't come with any meta data for smart content.

ok i just want to find male genitalia ... does DAZ already have this?

edited December 1969

Depends for which figure but it's included in all the Pro Bundles so it's not free.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

All Pro Male Bundles have it. Only the Pro figure bundles come with bits.

• chadwade.gchadwade.g Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

i want me some bits :shut:

where would i find some free bits

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

My best guess, you wont!

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited May 2014

It doesn't exist. The Daz site and Renderotica are the only places that will have genitals for the figures, and both are paid for. Daz's are geografted, which means they basically combine seamlessly into the Genesis and Genesis 2 figures as if they were part of the model. They also dynamically morph along with the figure.

Since in general many people will be doing clothed renders, genitals have largely been considered by Daz as being for those who do 'professional' work, hence why they are only included in the Pro packs. Any non-teen Pro pack will include them.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on