Carrara not in DAZ Central? Just stick with DIM?

Hello. Hope everyone is well during all this crazy history we're living through.

My question is pretty much what's in the subject.

I installed the new DAZ Central and noticed the only apps listed are DAZ Studio and Hexagon. Couldn't find a trace of Carrara anywhere. 

Am I missing something, or should I just stick with DIM to manage Carrara's installation, content, etc?

Thanks

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

don't think any Carrara users are willing to try it

I am not

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,548

I agree with Wendy.

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    edited June 2020

Ahh.

I did try it, and Carrara was nowhere to be seen. Not a fan of it, either, to be honest. "Streamlining" isn't always an improvement, IMO. Just going to stick with DIM. It does the job just fine. Though I notice even DIM now automatically pops up a pre-configured DAZ and Hexagon install window on loading. 

They're really trying to push people in a certain direction, aren't they. Heh.

Post edited by WsCG on

I am wondering if it breaks smart content in Carrara or even just duf content but am unwilling to be the guinea pig to test it.

Am waiting for someone braver to try.

I do know our allocated Carrara forum mod has Carrara and some content even if just the starter essentials cheeky

Misty has a free genesis 8 character couple at Rendo she can test with too

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I may have Carrara but I don't use Dim or Daz Central.  I install everything manually, being as mostly I use Bryce, with Poser as a plug in (old poser.  P8, normally)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    Chohole said:

I may have Carrara but I don't use Dim or Daz Central.  I install everything manually ... 

Same here.  I buy mostly Poser format content, put it in its own folder with added keywords, then link it through Carrara's browser.  Search via Windows Explorer/Ctrl-F, preview via P3DO (mostly great mocap previews).  

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219

I saw mention of Carrara in the FAQ when I first saw DAZ Central... just FYI - Haven't tried it yet but I'm going to

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited June 2020

Installed it, not that interesting now in the early days of it, some web links here and there.

It has the path to Carrara and Poser in the settings, looks like it is similar to DIM there at least.

Carrara is still working, no killswitch yet.

Have not checked if iy affects SmartContent.
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    3drendero said:

Installed it, not that interesting now in the early days of it, some web links here and there.

It has the path to Carrara and Poser in the settings, looks like it is similar to DIM there at least.

Carrara is still working, no killswitch yet.

Have not checked if iy affects SmartContent.

Thanks for the report! smiley