CL_BackDropLauncher : Load backdrop images directly from the content libray.

BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Load your backdrop images directly from within the Daz Studio Content Library with the CL_BackDropLauncher script !
This script generates companion-scripts for image files that are by default not visible in the content library and renders thumbnails for them.
From now on you can have your backgrounds right there in your content library and load them as a backdrop in Daz Studio with just one double-click. The generated scripts will also adjust the render dimensions and aspect ratio to match the backdrop !
You can easily add extra extensions in the script if your favourite filetype is not included, enable/disable the creation of thumbnails, or prevent the comapnion scripts from adjusting the aspect ratio and render dimensions.

1. Load the CL_BackDropLauncher script in the DS Script IDE or add it to your menu as a custom action.
2. Browse in the Content Library (Daz Studio Formats) to the folder containing the backdrop images.
3. Run the CL_BackDropLauncher from the menu, hotkey, toolbar, ... that you set up in step 1. (or press F5 if you loaded it in the Script IDE)
4. Enjoy... :)

Download at http://www.sharecg.com/v/76164/view/8/Script/CL_BackDropLauncher-for-Daz-Studio

03.jpg
800 x 530 - 195K
02.jpg
800 x 532 - 125K
01.jpg
800 x 532 - 129K

Comments

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Looks great. I'll just go grab it. Thank you.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,278
    edited December 1969

I'm a little confused about backdrop images, are you referring to ordinary background images you add in a 2d program?

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

I'm a little confused about backdrop images, are you referring to ordinary background images you add in a 2d program?

Kind of, but not in an external 2d program. You can set a background image in Daz Studio, Menu -> Edit -> Backdrop.
    (Iirc the Fiery Genesis Tutorial explains how to do this)
    The script i wrote lets you do this from within the content library, the way you load regular content.
    edited December 1969

Looks great. I'll just go grab it. Thank you.

Thanks, none01ohone. Hope you get some good use out of it.
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I'll give it a try. Thank you.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950
    edited May 2014

Thank You, it works great, and it is very useful :)

Post edited by MilosGulan on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I'll give it a try. Thank you.
    Thank You, it works great, and it is very useful :)

You're welcome. :)
  •  

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this usefull script !

It's exactly what I was searching. I have an error message :

Warming!Obscuring the viewoirt during an openGL render may corrupt the final image

Can yo help  me ? Thank you !! :-))

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this usefull script !

It's exactly what I was searching. I have an error message :

Warming!Obscuring the viewoirt during an openGL render may corrupt the final image

Can yo help  me ? Thank you !! :-))

That warning is from DS and you shouldn't be doing openGL render but 3DL or iRay renders. I've tried a couple of openGL renders and made very sure the viewport was not obscured by another window but they never have worked.

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508
    edited July 2019

This kind of works in DS 4.10, only for me it generates blank .png for the previews + after clicking on a preset you have to manually go and select Environment>Type>Backdrop.

I put the script in the folder with some background images...  MyLibrary>Backdrops

Nice if it were to be updated ..unless there's already an easy way to save backdrop presets in DS now?? It's hard to believe there isn't, but I cant find it blushlaugh

backdroplauncher.gif
    1032 x 615 - 297K
    Post edited by DigiDotz on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

The only way I have been able to create backdrop scenes is to make a scene file. You have to put something in the scene like say a primative. I also found that you can not merge the scene into an exsisting scene and still get the backdrop but if you start with the backdrop scene everything works. Not the best solution but it does work. I too would like to see a way to make a preset for setting a backdrop image.

• I don't get anything but empty boxes that do nothing. It always renders in openGL no matter what I tell it to do, also. All my images are jpg but it insists on adding a png extension. I simply can't get it to work.