Metadata update failed

Hi,

Yet another issue with a new release : 70335 SWOLE for Genesis 8 Male: Hercules - Advanced Muscle Deformation

2020-06-09 13:22:09.102 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
2020-06-09 13:22:25.619 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70335_99e5fa_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
2020-06-09 13:22:25.619 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (70335) failed, url: https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70335_99e5fa_data.json
2020-06-09 13:22:25.619 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 2 items succeeded, 1 items failed.

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2020

Okay in the next ticket on Jan. 4, 2021 with all the other broken products collected until this date.

They are more efficient to solve one big ticket than several small tickets. No need to ask me 15 times if I deleted the products in the Content Library pane, once is enough.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • PsychoPsycho Posts: 22

Hi there. I'm nexperienced with DAZ so apologies if this is unrelated, but it looks similar to me:

2020-06-10 10:49:23.850 Updated metadata for 1 of 2 items.
    2020-06-10 10:49:50.268 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): peer performed orderly shutdown errno=0
    2020-06-10 10:49:54.527 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/67/67835_bdbd9c_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
    2020-06-10 10:49:54.527 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (67835) failed, url: https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/67/67835_bdbd9c_data.json
    2020-06-10 10:49:54.544 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 1 items succeeded, 1 items failed.
    2020-06-10 10:49:54.545 Metadata update failed: 1 items succeeded, 1 items failed.

The product (UltraScenery) shows as successfully installed by DIM but just isn't there in my DAZ 3D Library. I've uninstalled/reinstalled it, and reimported its metadata through Content DB Maintenance, but the error remains. It looks as though the product is at least partially functional, but I don't understand what could be causing this, as all my other products work flawlessly (including metadata updates) so my system should be OK. Does this mean that the product itself is faulty? If so, should I get a refund, or is the metadata update error just a nuisance and irrelevant to a product's actually working properly in DAZ Studio? Either way, should I submit a ticket at the help-contact-us link?

• Noah LGP said:

Okay in the next ticket on Jan. 4, 2021 with all the other broken products collected until this date.

They are more efficient to solve one big ticket than several small tickets. No need to ask me 15 times if I deleted the products in the Content Library pane, once is enough.

Combined tickets are not a good diea as there is a risk of one or more issues being overlooked

• TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153
    Noah LGP said:

Combined tickets are not a good diea as there is a risk of one or more issues being overlooked

I think he was saying the products in question are suffering the same issue and so a combined ticket on the one issue over multiple products may be better than a dozen tickets about the same problem. I'm experiencing exactly the same issue on a different product that's holding up install of three products.  Seems like some kind of glitch when we purchase an item and it gets added to the Metadata available for our account somehow not adding the item correctly.

• Yes, but with multiple items in a single ticket there may be an issue keeping track of which have been fixed and which not.

edited June 2020

You can still create a ticket by yourself if you want the job done right cheeky .

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165

I'm having this same issue as well (although I believe the specific json file may be different). I'll create a ticket when I get a chance.

Already have a ticket. I'm just wondering if there might be a single base problem since it seems to be happening to multiple people on different products.  Been going back and forth since Daisy 8 came out since Daisy 8 is the metadata that won't load and is screwing up two other products since for some bizarre reason the metadata download requires all three to succeed or it screws them all up.

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,643

Same here. Every time I log into DAZ Studio I get the following status bar message:

Metadata update failed: 1 items succeeded, 2 items failed.

This has been going on for quite some time, ever since I tried using DAZ Central to be precise. Not sure if it has anything to do with that though... But I uninstalled DAZ Central after installing only two products with it, and went back to DAZ Install Manager. 

I can't even tell which products are the issue because they are just files with numbers and a .json extension that are producing the errors.

Is there some way to figure out which products are causing this issue?

edited June 2020

It's the SKU number, you can find the product by using the link to the shop

For example, in my case the link is https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70335_99e5fa_data.json,

the product link is https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/70335

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165

I got a reply from Daz Support telling me that, as long as it isn't causing any problems with my content library, it's not something to worry about. Still... my OCD wants that error message to go awaywink

edited June 2020
    Noah LGP said:

It's the SKU number, you can find the product by using the link to the shop

For example, in my case the link is https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70335_99e5fa_data.json,

the product link is https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/70335

Thanks! I'll find out which product it is and go from there. 

My OCD is also not happy about the error message, even if the errors are not a big issue. angry

Post edited by vonHobo on

OK. So these are the two products that DAZ Connect is complaining about:

70349 - SWOLE for Genesis 8 Male: Hercules - Advanced Muscle Deformation

70313 - Unicorn Poses for Daz Horse 2

The strange thing is that I do not own the SWOLE product. So why is the metadata an issue for this product if I never purchased it?

The Unicorn Poses were purchased just recently.

Log file:

2020-06-19 09:53:18.460 Updated metadata for 1 of 3 items.
    2020-06-19 09:53:48.979 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70349_7b76c6_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
    2020-06-19 09:53:48.979 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (70349) failed, url: https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70349_7b76c6_data.json
    2020-06-19 09:53:48.979 Updated metadata for 2 of 3 items.
    2020-06-19 09:53:49.075 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70313_a79ec7_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
    2020-06-19 09:53:49.075 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (70313) failed, url: https://cloudload.daz3d.com/metaFiles/70/70313_a79ec7_data.json
    2020-06-19 09:53:49.075 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(660): sync completed with errors, 1 items succeeded, 2 items failed.
    2020-06-19 09:53:49.094 Metadata update failed: 1 items succeeded, 2 items failed.

edited June 2020
    edited June 2020

https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/68423 for mine.  I've forced the install but if I sort by purchase date it comes up at the very earliest. It also is holding up the metadata for the textures for the Corveyn and Eternal Bloom outfits. I can offline install them to make them work for one session but the next time I start Studio they're gone again. 

It almost makes me wonder about the backend systems since others aren't having these issues. Like what if when we purchase an item it makes a customized metadata file (possibly that number between the SKU and data is a unique identifier) and places it on the cloudload.daz3d.com server and the problem is that in these cases that metadata file was not created so when Studio starts up it checks the list of which metadata files to grab against the ones it already has, sees that one missing and goes to get it and fails, and it also works in groups of three so if one fails the whole group fails. 

Is there a setting that can be changes so it handles metadata individually instead of groups of 3? At least then I could get the other two products working.

Post edited by TesseractSpace on
    Noah LGP said:

Yes. It's not SWOLE. It's Everyday Weapons which I did indeed purchase. Thanks.

• Same problem. One metadata installation is successful, second one fails on Ultra Scenery products. Help!

It would be nice if the developers could fix the source of this issue instead of fixing the cases one by one.

• Noah LGP said:

It would be nice if the developers could fix the source of this issue instead of fixing the cases one by one.

That assumes it's an application error rather than a data error.

edited September 2020

Another one is broken but this time it occurs with an old item purchased on Nov. 12, 2017 (3 years ago)

Michael 7 Intimates for Genesis 3 Male(s)

2020-09-21 21:43:53.300 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): curl_easy_perform(https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/64/23264/meta/23264/23264_bd42fd_data.json) failed: HTTP response code said error
    2020-09-21 21:43:53.300 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): TaskLoadProductDataWeb (23264) failed, url: https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/p/64/23264/meta/23264/23264_bd42fd_data.json

Got a couple of missing thumbnails too. 

I reported the Yussef Hair to DAZ Support about 5 months ago, but they never fixed it. They just said it was an issue that they will refer to the tech department.

Not sure if this is a metadata issue. But I hate seeing missing thumbnails. 

thumbs.jpg
    371 x 225 - 83K
    edited September 2020

About Z So Flexible Props And Poses for Genesis 3 and 8 , the most of files are unreadable.

dazconnect_09.jpg
    935 x 1141 - 138K
    Noah LGP said:

About Z So Flexible Props And Poses for Genesis 3 and 8 , the most of files are unreadable.

I have all the pose thumbnails. Just missing the product thumnail from the Smart pane directory.

The poses also work for me. Not sure why your poses are unreadable.

Screenshot (635).png
    676 x 676 - 272K
    von Hobo said:

I have all the pose thumbnails. Just missing the product thumnail from the Smart pane directory.

Because you installed it with DIM or Daz Central, I installed it with Daz Connect (online method)

Noah LGP said:
    von Hobo said:

Because you installed it with DIM or Daz Central, I installed it with Daz Connect (online method)

Good to know! I use DIM for everything.

• Noah LGP said:
    von Hobo said:

If uninstalling, deleting the product (right-click on its container in the Content Library, then refreshing metadata and reinstalling doesn't fix the issue please report it to Daz.

edited September 2020
    Noah LGP said:
    von Hobo said:

If uninstalling, deleting the product (right-click on its container in the Content Library, then refreshing metadata and reinstalling doesn't fix the issue please report it to Daz.

Sorry but I said I already tried it several times before reporting it. It's planned for the Jan. 4, 2021 ticket

Noah LGP said:

Note : Only the PNG thumbnails can't be opened, the DUF files are valid zipped text files.

• Noah LGP said:
    Noah LGP said:

Note : Only the PNG thumbnails can't be opened, the DUF files are valid zipped text files.

Ah, I had a few sets like that - in my case the images were even working as tool tips (where there wasn't a .tip.png file).