Can't Get Smart Content To come back...

MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Daz Studio 4 Pro 4.0.3.47 - Windows 7 ...

I've chosen Content Library on the right... click the small menu at the top right... opened it up and reset the Content DB Maintenance and after resetting it, I've click re-important Metadata ... when the product box opened, I clicked accept yadda yadda... no joy.

I restarted my computer, did it again... no joy.

I uninstalled it - and then reinstalled it. no Joy...

So uuuhhh, like... what's going on? What's happening with this version?

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Can you verify that the Content Management Service is actually running?

Do you have it blocked by a firewall?

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

I haven't a clue. It has never been blocked before... it was working fine up until yesterday. So I can't imagine how it could have gotten blocked? How do I check the above questions to know?

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited July 2012

If you open the Task Manager and go to the Services Tab, you should be able to check there. If it is not running, go to:

Start> All Programs> DAZ 3D> DAZ Content Management Service

and choose Start DAZ Content Management Service.

(This assumes you are running Win 7 for any others with this issue. It is a bit diff in prior versions of Windows.)

Edited to Add: In Win 7, Go to the Control Panel and select System & Security>Windows Firewall> Allowed Programs.

This should allow you to see if it is in the list and unchecked. In my case, it isn't even listed. :) Since it is running local and not communicating with the internet, mine is set to allow local program access.

Kat

Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
  • MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

WOW... learn something new everyday!!! That worked, thank you sooo much DLD... it's back up and running. I never knew about that! hahahahahaaa :lol:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In the Content Library tab, if there is nothing at all in Categories, then either the CMS is not running or something is blocking DS4 from communicating with it:

is_cms_running.jpg
    554 x 248 - 54K
  • Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    WOW... learn something new everyday!!! That worked, thank you sooo much DLD... it's back up and running. I never knew about that! hahahahahaaa :lol:

Glad to help. :)