Need image Sequence To Video program/app

george_7648d0cfgeorge_7648d0cf Posts: 14
edited June 2020 in New Users

Finally! I am getting somewhere. The learning curve on DAZ is somewhat steep, primarily because it is capable of so much.

I now have my first image sequence [after 11.5 hours of rendering] and I want to turn that into an MP4, or an AVI. I have downloaded at least a dozen programs that claim to do what I need [some freeware, and some paid programs], and not one of them will input the image files, and output a video. I don't understand why they say that is their function, but don't work. Is this conversion that complex?

Can someone recommend a program [preferrably off-line, not on-line] that will give me a video from images?

Thnak you very kindly for the help I've received so far - without it I would be lost in the woods.

Post edited by george_7648d0cf on

Comments

• hi ;)

I had the same problem a few years ago and then I found movavi video editor 14 (now 2020 version), it's perfect to make videos from images, it has a lot of functions and it converts very quickly to the desired format, avi, mp4, mkv, webm...etc. 

if you download it and have any questions, just ask ;)

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287

I'm interested to check out Movavi Video Editor... I've always used VirtualDub to assemble image sequences. Always been completely free and absolutely works to choose "Open Video File" and just select the first image in the sequence and it will load any additional sequentially suffixed images in that folder as the frames of a video project. Though I've always outputted uncompressed AVI and done more work in other software so I'm not positive about what all formats and compressions (which there are definitely plenty of options for) it can output, so check out Movavi Video Editor and just keep VirtualDub in mind as a fallback if necessary...

• THank you for the comments. I looked for VirtualDub, but the WIN compiled version only wanted a video input, not images. Then I looked at movavi. I already had it on my computer, and my trial period had expired, so goodby movavi. I also had NCH software PhotoStage on my computer, but I never gave it a try. That did the trick! I loaded all of the images, clicked play, and it gave me what I needed. It also has the option of exporting in MP4 format, so I am now good to go.

Thank you all for the help!

• rames44rames44 Posts: 329

If you're comfortable with command line tools (I'm a dinosaur) then ffmpeg will do this as well.