help pls I've no idea whats happened to my Daz

ToobisToobis Posts: 931
edited June 2020 in The Commons

Was working on a render and saved it then turned off my computer then came back to it later and opened Daz to work on the same render and I get this (see pic) then when it opens fully it looks very messed up (see second pic) what the H is going on?!? I have done something wrong apparently but It worked fine before. Any helps pls how to correct this?

1.jpg
627 x 463 - 224K
22.jpg
1920 x 1040 - 417K
Post edited by Toobis on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Make sure DS is closed (Task Manager > Processes, look for dazstudio.exe), then uninstall and reinstall DS.

• ToobisToobis Posts: 931

Make sure DS is closed (Task Manager > Processes, look for dazstudio.exe), then uninstall and reinstall DS.

will I still get to keep all my installed products or will it be a fresh start?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

You'll still have all your content and settings.

K dazstudio.exe isn't located in task manager processes for me.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited June 2020
    Toobis said:

K dazstudio.exe isn't located in task manager processes for me.

I think he probably meant just to make sure that Daz Studio was completely shut down by looking in Task Manager first and closing it in Task Manager if it's there. THEN navigate to where the dazstudio.exe is and uninstall and then reinstall. 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

A minor point but for clarity, Daz is the company that us stuff, and Daz Studio or DS is the name of the program.

K thx. Any idea what may have caused this to happen? I not had this happen before.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    Toobis said:

K thx. Any idea what may have caused this to happen? I not had this happen before.

Usually that means you updated DS while it was still running. It might have been because it had not finished closing properly (that can take time) before you launched the update.