I forgot ^_^ please help

How do I change this ? in the image is cicled in red ;-) not the render resolution but the working viewport ;-) thank you in advance ;-)

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 21.07.56.png
643 x 422 - 28K

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,245

Actually, that is the Aspect Ratio for the renders, not the actual size, which can be adjusted at the same time with Render Settings -> General with a combination of Pixel Size and Aspect Ratio, or a Dimension Preset, which sets both at the same time.

The size of the viewport is purely the physical size of the inside of the frame in screen pixels.

• McRenArtMcRenArt Posts: 67

thank you , but that is what I would like to change ;-) can you be so kind as to give me the exact steps ? I went into the general settings but couldn't find the way to change that :-(
    I've watched tutorials but none was specific enough indecision

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,245

Exactly what do you want to change? The viewport size? It is the size of the frame, there are no settings for it. You just resize the frame by dragging an edge.

What are you trying to accomplish? To change the actual numbers that you point out, you need to change the Aspect Ratio directly (see the first attachment), or pick a Dimension preset from the drop-down list (second attachment). They all set the Aspect Ratio, and some also set the pixel size at the same time.

To get a specific render size is best done by setting the Pixel Size directly (third attachment). The render will be the size you specify, regardless of what the viewport is. The aspect frame shows exactly the bounds of the render, so that you can frame the scene the way you want. The only difference will be the size of the rendered image. It could be 600 x 400 pixels, or it could be 6000 x 4000 pixels if you want, all with the same aspect ratio (regardless of viewport size).

Render settings_aspect.jpg
    436 x 481 - 85K
    Render settings_dimension preset.jpg
    265 x 610 - 60K
    Render settings_size.jpg
    436 x 481 - 83K
  • McRenArtMcRenArt Posts: 67

in the end I found a way ;-) Thank you :-)