How can I download Daz Studio?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I had to do a full on computer reset and I lost all programs that didn't come with my computer. No biggie, I didn't have many. My thing is, I'm trying to re-install Daz but it keeps cycleing me back to a sign in screen even though I'm already signed in. But I'm a good sport so I fill out the blanks again and BOOM, I'm in my account. Okay great, search Daz Studio and it takes me back to the sign in screen. I just need to download the software again. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870

C an you download DIM from this link instead https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info ?

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

That allowed me to download DIM and I found Daz 4.12 and got that downloaded again too. Thanks for the link! Another quick question...I have my workspace set up and saved again but nothing shows up in my smart content. Is there a way to refresh that? My products are still accessable through my content library. I know all my stuff is still there. I was able to load one of my more recent and fairly complicated character (morphs, body pose details ect) without a problem. I'd just like my Smart Content back for ease of access.

This is the error message I'm getting.

Capture.PNG
    853 x 819 - 145K
  • Is PostgreSQL installed? If so, what security software are you running? Do entries for postgresql appear in the processes list in Task Manager when DS is running?

Okay I'm gonna go with NO on the PostgreSQL question :P I'm not sure what that is or how to install it. I just let Daz do it's thing on installation. I looked under every tab in Task Manager and didn't see it listed anywhere. As far as security software...I don't have anything special installed honestly. I know that's probably dumb. But like I said, I just did a system reset and if there was any factory security software, I assume that's what I have.

There was a PS Bridge thingy that I didn't install though. I don't know if that's part of it, kinda doubt it but thats all I did on installation apart from downloading DAZ itself.

• PostgreSQL is its own application, it communicates with DS using Internet Protocol (though only on the local machine), which is why security software may matter. If you open Task Manager (right-click on the task Bar), click More Details at bottom-left if it isn't, then you should see your main applications listed under Apps and under that a list of Background Processes - when DS (or Install Manager) runs there should be several entries for postgresql in the background list.

The PS Bridge is a way of sending data to and from Photoshop.

Yes, I looked for it and it's not a thing that's active. Attached is a screen shot of my task manager list. How do I go about getting this installed. It apparently didn't make it during the process.

Capture.PNG
    1616 x 1017 - 110K

I thought I'd try to uninstall and re-install to see if it was just a fluke but for some reason, that's not working either. The attached screen shot shows that Daz is not listed on my computer but the Daz icon is still there and when I click on it, the program still opens. I'm starting to get really confused here. I'd think it would be easier to download the Daz program correctly given the fact that I already have a Daz account but the page continues to loop back to the registration page. And why am I unable to uninstall?

Capture.PNG
    1594 x 882 - 279K
  • The Windows Add/Remove list won't show things installed through DIM.

If you type PostgreSQL in the filter box of DIM you should see several entries - the old conversion tool from Valentina, which you don't need, and the 32 and 64 bit installers for the actual application for each release channel (General, Public Build, etc.) of DS that you have - install one of those, ideally the 64 bit version.

edited June 2020

Well I searched for it and it said it was installed. I uninstalled and then tried it again and still nothing. So I just uninstalled everything and am in the (long) process of reinstalling my content. It seems to be working. Slowly but surely my Smart Content is populating again.

Thanks for your help though. You did clarify some things for me but I'm just going to chalk this up to a weirdo glitch and move on.

Thanks again!

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

I tend to use DIM and dowload Postgres first, when doing a clean install. Set all the directories first.