Panes are not resizing to my saved size, and it's driving me nuts

dissentrixdissentrix Posts: 70
edited May 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okay, so this is insanely annoying.

Basically, I wanted to play around with rigging and creating bones, so I tinkered with the joint editor (which is not normally a tool I use) - problem is, it makes the tool settings super large for some reason, because there's a bunch of bone controls. Now this wouldn't be an issue if I could just reload my original layout (which I did, once) or just, y'know, resize the panes.

As you can (hopefully) see from the screenshots, my saved layout is supposed to be much more balanced between the top right panes and the bottom right panes; but with this bizarre issue, it's all lopsided, and reloading my saved layout does nothing. Now I could try creating a new layout where all the tabs are in the same tab group, but that's not really what I'm used to, it's pretty convenient being able to have the scene tab and the parameters tab on the same view at once.

Anyone have ideas? It's driving me crazy.

EDIT: by the way, how the hell do you associate face maps with bones? I've got a bone that rotates correctly, and a face map for the part of the asset I want that should open (it's a small panel), but I can't seem to make the bone associate to the face map.

Edit2: Never mind, I figured that one out, I just followed a great tutorial. My first question still stands though.

EDIT3: Ok, I figured out that the Tool Settings pane is the one that's bugging out. If I undock it the rest works perfectly fine. However, that doesn't really solve the issue of that particular tab. I mean, I can work without it in the meantime, but it's a handy tab to have available. Why can't I resize it anymore?

Screenshot (139).png
1028 x 1035 - 59K
Screenshot (140).png
329 x 319 - 49K
Post edited by dissentrix on

Comments

• You know what works for me? Keeping my more frequently used panes in the undockable setting. That way I can minimize them when I am not using them and ofc maximize them when I do.

What's nice about this (for me) is that when I maximize those windows I have a clear view of all the content and it's just so much more convenient. I usually only have the tools pane and content library in undockable mode and no more than that.

• dissentrixdissentrix Posts: 70
    edited May 2020

That's a nice tip - I might try that sometime, though my current setup normally works fine, it's just the Tool Settings tab which is bugging out for some reason.

Post edited by dissentrix on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Yesterday, I discovered the same behaviour with the Draw Settings pane. It won't stay at the (undocked) size I left it. But other panes do.

maclean said:

Yesterday, I discovered the same behaviour with the Draw Settings pane. It won't stay at the (undocked) size I left it. But other panes do.

Oh, good to know I'm not the only one, then. It might be some new bug, I guess? This is the first time this has happened to me.

I'll try to get around to reporting it, but I've already put in 5-6 bugs reports/requests this week and I'm  bit fed up filling out the form. LOL.

I don't mind doing it. Do you have a link to the form?

Just click on Help at the top of the page and it takes you to Tech Support

Thanks, I finally got around to doing it. Hopefully this gets resolved (and hopefully it's not just some user error on my end).