Trouble with passwords - logging in and with DIM late spring 2020

Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

I hope this is just me but recently, about the time that the DAZ web page started saying "update your password" I have had a lot of trouble logging in, with problems on two separate computers.

And one or two things I bought in the store were/are not showing up in DIM. Today's purchases (incl. "Red Planet For Iray") came through fine but for another one tech support suggest I do a manual download and install. )-:

No biggie... just sayin'...

Comments

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited May 2020

On my Account Info page I have this (picture attached)

My password is 12 characters and always had been but I had issues logging in. I changed my password but this is still there. The webpage on my phone still refuses to log in and keeps telling me I'm using the wrong password. I gave up and just use my PC now.

2020-05-31.png
    300 x 37 - 7K
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

I've gotten the notice about updating your password, but mine's already strong, and I was able to proceed without changing it.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    Sevrin said:

I've gotten the notice about updating your password, but mine's already strong, and I was able to proceed without changing it.

Me too
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Well it's still happening as far as I can tell. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, I'm using the same new and improved (heh heh) password and while I was able to log in with my second computer, DAZ refuses to let me in with my first, "main" computer. sad

Strange.

Also, I tried to connect to R_________y with the my computer. Wouldn't let me in! Took a few days for the "password reset" e-mail to arrive at my Microsoft account.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    Roman_K2 said:

Well it's still happening as far as I can tell. Unless I'm greatly mistaken, I'm using the same new and improved (heh heh) password and while I was able to log in with my second computer, DAZ refuses to let me in with my first, "main" computer. sad

Strange.

Also, I tried to connect to R_________y with the my computer. Wouldn't let me in! Took a few days for the "password reset" e-mail to arrive at my Microsoft account.

Sounds like the issue I had the other day, the reset emails also expire real fast within 5 minutes - I got told it was a sever issue, but then that appears to be a bit of a throw away answer from people who like to think they know whats going on but actually don't.

• scorpio said:
    Roman_K2 said:

Strange.

Sounds like the issue I had the other day, the reset emails also expire real fast within 5 minutes - I got told it was a sever issue, but then that appears to be a bit of a throw away answer from people who like to think they know whats going on but actually don't.

However, with something like logging in it is a likely answer.

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited June 2020

I'm hoping it ends soon, whatever the issue is.

(11:30 p.m. edit) Just wanted to add that I haven't had too many other problems. Fascinating that two login issues seem to have occurred on 3-D modelling related sites. On a whim I tried two more sites. One was ok and the other had a "for better security bla bla we have..." sort of message in the login box that wasn't there before. Took me a couple of minutes to figure out the small print (so to speak) but eventually my login was accepted. Hmmm.

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,501

I didn't have any problem with my password. But I recently changed the email address I use to log in with. And after that, the items I installed with Daz Install Manager just showed up as unclickable icons in DAZ Studio, some with missing pictures. Reloading the metadate didn't help, and changing my login in DAZ Studio didn't fix it. Restarting the computer didn't fix it. I finally ended up installing the products through DAZ Connect, but that sucks.