BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

Comments

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @fictionalromance - great scene, the darker sky really brings out the mood.

I agree the darker sky give it more atmosphere !!!
    It's a great render so far :)

Do you recognize the trees?

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited June 2014

Horo said:
    @fictionalromance - great scene, the darker sky really brings out the mood.

I agree the darker sky give it more atmosphere !!!
    It's a great render so far :)

Do you recognize the trees?
    Of course I do, you're one of the fist renders of the swamp I've seen. Was a bit nervous as it's my first environment attempt. So it was a real thrill to see your render :)

Post edited by Midnight_stories on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@fictionariomance: I'm with others, the second scene with the dark sky is really very nice. And not to worry, no one here will ever laugh at the scenes you post. Unless, of course, they are meant to be funny. ;-)

@JStryder: That's a neat scene, especially with the addition of the two kids. But maybe you're on to something there, pulling water out of the air just by placing a tap in the air.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @fictionariomance: I'm with others, the second scene with the dark sky is really very nice. And not to worry, no one here will ever laugh at the scenes you post. Unless, of course, they are meant to be funny. ;-)

@JStryder: That's a neat scene, especially with the addition of the two kids. But maybe you're on to something there, pulling water out of the air just by placing a tap in the air.

Awe thank you. I am still new at this so I struggle with just about everything so I was afraid I had the lighting off or the terrain didn't look quite right.

Here is a WIP for my entry #2.

WIPEntry2.png
    640 x 480 - 546K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

That one's pretty! Good placement of the palm trees keeps it interesting and not too static. The sky sort of gives it an alien look, almost like one of the sets from the original Star Trek series. You might want to consider putting an extra layer of background behind the rocks, like a mountain, go give it a bit more depth. Nicely done all 'round.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I know it isn't in the rules at the moment, so will let it pass this time, but usually it would be better if challenge entries were niot added to the Gallery until after the end of the challenge, as we have a "Blind Judging" thread for sorting out the winners, and having images in the gallery makes that difficult and having it labeled Bryce render Challenge does somewhat make it obvious. Maybe a title like "Swamp Streams" would have made it less obvious.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I know it isn't in the rules at the moment, so will let it pass this time, but usually it would be better if challenge entries were niot added to the Gallery until after the end of the challenge, as we have a "Blind Judging" thread for sorting out the winners, and having images in the gallery makes that difficult and having it labeled Bryce render Challenge does somewhat make it obvious. Maybe a title like "Swamp Streams" would have made it less obvious.

Sorry didn't think about that. I can take it down or withdraw that entry.

edited June 2014

chohole said:

No We hadn't said anything before, so no problems this time, but can you change the title to make it less obvious please. Taking it down from the Gallery would upset all sorts of people, as it does really screw things up when it has so many views, and likes and comments.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

No We hadn't said anything before, so no problems this time, but can you change the title to make it less obvious please. Taking it down from the Gallery would upset all sorts of people, as it does really screw things up when it has so many views, and likes and comments.

Okay, I changed the title.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@JStryder - very nice one.

@fictionalromance - that's going to become a nice one.

@Pam - I did wonder several times when I saw entries here appear in the galleries but I've never checked the titles. For myself, I had thought "All renders must be new renders." also means unpublished.

• STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

How much time do we have before our entries must be in ?

edited December 1969

Challenge ends on 30th June :- Midnight DAZ 3D time.
    edited December 1969

Sorry, should have read the rules again, Thanks :-)

edited December 1969

@fictionairomance: You're doing well with that scene. It's going to look real nice when you're finished.

edited December 1969

Here is my finished entry #2 Prehistoric Stream

Prehistoric_Stream.png
    960 x 720 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

@fictionalromance - much improved, looks really great now.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Wow, that last one, fictionalromance, improved ten-fold - love the reflections, just right.

June 30...phew...must get working on another soon.

Jay

edited December 1969

@Horo @Jamahoney Thank you for your comments.

edited December 1969

@fictionairomance: Your second entry is real eye candy. Nice job.

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

omg fict I had no idea that was you, you're one of my hero's lmao your poser, daz and zbrush work is pheonominal and I think I may own all your freebies already lmao, I'm using your freebie eyes to create a character right now for Neptunes daughter :D it'll be a D.O.G. series ;) *daughters of gods* :D thank you for all your wonderful work I hope I do you and others that have helped me and provided for me along the way, very proud
    Blessed Be
    Dana\MagicWeaver\Demonkiss

edited December 1969

omg fict I had no idea that was you, you're one of my hero's lmao your poser, daz and zbrush work is pheonominal and I think I may own all your freebies already lmao, I'm using your freebie eyes to create a character right now for Neptunes daughter :D it'll be a D.O.G. series ;) *daughters of gods* :D thank you for all your wonderful work I hope I do you and others that have helped me and provided for me along the way, very proud
    Blessed Be
    Dana\MagicWeaver\Demonkiss

ah thank you.

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@fictionairomance

Really beautiful work on your latest entry. Nicely done all around and as I recall, the original idea for this challenge was Tropical streams so this render really fits the bill on that.. Well Done! (Thought you had only been using Bryce for a few months so far - Could have fooled me)
    ;-)

Bruce

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

FictionalRomance
    Wow. Wow is all I can say. Great use of colors and model placement.

edited December 1969

Here is my first entry, thanks for looking

Highland_Gate.jpg
    1366 x 845 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Oh.. Title is Highland Gate

edited December 1969

STKydd said:
    Here is my first entry, thanks for looking

Oh my, that is very beautiful

edited December 1969

@ fictional, Thank you

edited June 2014

@STKydd: Really nice scene.

My 3rd entry is titled "Forgotten Bridge at Sunset." In this scene, I finally created a terrain which would allow the use of one of the bridges I created using Wings 3D. I'd created one scene using a daytime sky, but wondered how it would look with something different. So I looked through the sky library and decided to give a sunset sky a try. What's seen in this scene is the first sunset sky I chose, and after tweaking a bit, my 3rd entry.

Edit: Replaced previously submitted 3rd entry with a modified version of the same scene.

Bridge_over_water_7.png
    575 x 575 - 522K
    Post edited by GussNemo on
  • dana365dana365 Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

fictionalromance:
    wow! "entry #2 Prehistoric Stream" really pops!

STKydd:
    "Highland Gate" is a wonderful scene, the way you have aged the environment, it really looks like it has been there for hundreds of years.

GussNemo:
    ya! you got the bridge in the scene, I like the choice to silhouette the bridge.

edited December 1969

@dana: Thanks. The occurrence of that scene was a happy accident. I hadn't thought of doing the scene that way, but when a sunset sky changed the entire look of the scene to what you see, I was pleasantly surprised. And used that sky in the daylight scene I had decided to enter.