The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Does someone have some time this weekend to test some hair presets and textures for me, btw? (DAZ, I don't have Poser, and no way to test Poser presets. Sorry.)

Depends if it's dynamic hair or not. Cinema4D's InterPoser Pro plugin can load most stuff designed for Poser.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well you'd need "Full and Feathered" hair, either the original or Genesis version to test the textures and give some feedback, so it is just transmapped hair. But I was going to use ubersurfaces for this test too. Is this a problem?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Well you'd need "Full and Feathered" hair, either the original or Genesis version to test the textures and give some feedback, so it is just transmapped hair. But I was going to use ubersurfaces for this test too. Is this a problem?

I don' have the original no, and I don't have *anything* for Genesis. Not interested in it's stuff or Gen itself. I don't even know what ubersurfaces is.
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I don' have the original no, and I don't have *anything* for Genesis. Not interested in it's stuff or Gen itself. I don't even know what ubersurfaces is.

Well then I'm afraid that you can't help, but thanks for the offer. ;)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's TIME!! :ahhh:

"The Vicky Chronicles" has been fermenting in my head like a bottle of loganberry wine, and it's time to pop the cork and get WASTED!!! Well, metaphorically speaking, anyway...

I've gone through my existing assets and I have enough to get started. I've decided to focus on just ONE Webcomic, so that I can do a better job and not scatter my attention. And I can add in everything I wanted to do (horror, comedy, mystery, Lovecraftian Mythos, noir, romance, erotica) into this thing and it'll fit! Needless to say there's no way I'll be able to post some of the pics here (death by TOS) but it'll all end up on my DeviantArt site.

So: TVC (The Vicky Chronicles) related complaint: GOOD MENS CLOTHING IS HARD TO FIND!! Especially more or less period-approprate fantasy wear that you might see Real People(tm) wear. I can get all kinds of armor and impractical foppish stuff, but one good ranger-type outfit - well - it's pretty much Xurge3D or bust. And it's NOT CHEAP when you find it, ad a lot of items have ZERO texture expansions. Thankfully, the Rendo Rogue Armory stuff (boots, tunic, pants) have a lot of variation and will do the job for a lot of "common man" dress.

I cleaned out my wishlists except for TVC-related items. this dropped about 3/4 of everything! But in my research process I found a pair of demon wings I didn't own, so I grabbed 'em (lol) - renders will get done tonight as part of my Demon Wing Research Project for Skriki.

Render and write all weekend, whilst doing laundry and cooking. It's not like I'm going out, after all! But somewhere, a stripper isn't getting her cheezeburger... :down:

I have to get my writing laptop ready to go and bring my extra adapter in to work, so I can write during lunch and down times.

And yes, Vicky will encounter the occasional tentacle! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Wooo! Also, I'll let you know if I come across suitable period- or faux-period clothes that aren't skankwear. These would be for M4 and V4, and approximately what style?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Wooo! Also, I'll let you know if I come across suitable period- or faux-period clothes that aren't skankwear. These would be for M4 and V4, and approximately what style?

I need (and have actually found) a variety of things - mainly Tolkienesque semi-period garb, Elven stuff, Greco-Roman, Middle Ages, and some Renaissance. Vickys world is a real mix, while there's almost no technology (nothing fancier than very small steam engines work, basically toys) a lot of diversity has popped up across the world, so I'm flexible. Nothing older than Roman or newer than early Renaissance, though.

I can show you examples as I develop character studies for the major players, but that's going to be slow going until the new machine is done (which has risen to Priority #2 after getting well).

The Vicky Chronicles: When Opposites Attack! Coming... DAZ SOON! %-P

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Very cool! That it's only usable in Poser is kind of a not-good thing, but non-fatal as I hope to use PPro for all the heavy lifting and Carrara for backgrounds (to speed up renders).

Bookmarked "for later" - thanks! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Well... it IS free. :lol: Won't lose much if you try it out.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Bright and clear and cool outside this fine Saturday morning - survived last week phew !

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Does someone have some time this weekend to test some hair presets and textures for me, btw? (DAZ, I don't have Poser, and no way to test Poser presets. Sorry.)

Yes OK sure :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,723
    edited December 1969

Today is not a good day. Did not sleep last night but slept all day. Got bad news in mail.

I told Gabrielle that I was going to kill her and she had to run away from me. She decided to take a nap on my leg. Would be my lap if I was sitting but I am laying on the floor.

Only good news today was that I got to the bank before it closed for the day. I do not have a debit card or Atm card so I can only get cash when the bank is open

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2012

omg I'm experiencing a girl crush :)

Michelle Jenneke Dancing Sexy as Hell at Junior World Championships in Barcelona 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMgmYutL9W0 :wub:

i don't mean sexually, (not that i'd turn her down), but i mean texting gff's and shopping and doing girl stuff. me and Michelle virtual girlfriends4ever

look at her take those hurdles, she's the perfect height, she's like levitating

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Today is not a good day. Did not sleep last night but slept all day. Got bad news in mail.

I told Gabrielle that I was going to kill her and she had to run away from me. She decided to take a nap on my leg. Would be my lap if I was sitting but I am laying on the floor.

Only good news today was that I got to the bank before it closed for the day. I do not have a debit card or Atm card so I can only get cash when the bank is open

did u remember to take your medicine today?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Bright and clear and cool outside this fine Saturday morning - survived last week phew !

still caffeine free?

edited December 1969

Just took one of the pills and a multivitamin.

edited December 1969

Just took one of the pills and a multivitamin.

well that's good then, should make you feel better in a little bit, yes?

an idea; what if you got a second part-time job? a lil extra income might alleviate some stress.

my cousin called while i was watching the dryers. she works at Home Depot and p/t at the movie theatre.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: I got a treatment tomorrow. I would so love to do anything else tomorrow. :End of Complaint.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited December 1969

You can come over and help me render thumbnails. I have cookies to.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Complaint: I got a treatment tomorrow. I would so love to do anything else tomorrow. :End of Complaint.

i looked up dialysis on wiki to understand. :ohh: many sympathies for what you haz to go through

edited December 1969

Wish I knew how to apply for a job at the movie theaters.

edited December 1969

cookies!

cmons.jpg
    400 x 300 - 36K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You can come over and help me render thumbnails. I have cookies to.
    I hope it's not GOOD ones, they will not let me have good ones. No choco-chippies and no nutty ones just plain ol' cookie cookies. I live on 'Nilla wafers now and other plain ones. I want a COOKIE kind of COOKIE! Oh well, I gots ta do what ah gots ta do. Blah...
    edited December 1969

I cannot find my risperdal. I used to store my medicine on the table but Micah keeps knocking everything off the table.

edited December 1969

i have a 2nd job as a belly rubber. freckle belly. he haz a smooth bald spot on his chest.

7 years ago, when i went to the animal shelter i originally wanted a small dog. Brenden has a deep chest and he had an open sore on his chest from the concrete floor of the kennel. it wasn't even a choice, i haddd to take him home. the first few years were difficult, he didn't understand he was supposed to chase a ball. if i swung my arm he would grab me. when i went to pet him he would flinch from my hand.

edited December 1969

That would mean that I am a part time kitten bed. Gabrielle keeps taking naps on me.

edited December 1969

I cannot find my risperdal. I used to store my medicine on the table but Micah keeps knocking everything off the table.

from yahoo health:
    What if I miss a dose?
    If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.

edited December 1969

That would mean that I am a part time kitten bed. Gabrielle keeps taking naps on me.

it's nice to be needed :)

edited December 1969

I found my medicine and took it.

This discussion has been closed.