The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Well, I made 3 people happy today! :-) :coolsmile:

- The computer sales dude at OfficeDepot that got the $550 sale
    - The department manager that helped me find a good system cheap and gets part of the commission
    - ME! :snake:

Office Depot is having a MSSIVE sale on old Sandy Bridge-based laptops, so I got this Lenovo Z570 Core i5 system for $150 off - it came out to just about $80 more than the i3 system I was looking at and it's significantly faster! It's now my 3D machine and I christen hey "Scylla"! :ahhh: Yes, in a day or so I'll be between Scylla and Charybdis (charybdis is my other laptop).

I have money left.. what to do, what to do? I have enough to get the i3 Lenovo I was looking at and have money left over, or get a mid-range guitar, or party MAXIMALLY at the strip club! Or go to San Antonio for the weekend and travel the Riverwalk!

AAIIEE CONFLICTED!!! :ahhh: :bug:

Voting for San Antonio! the best keylime pie in the world is in San Antonio.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    motorbike drop

:lol:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

The Confusing Myself Blues

(Verse 1)

I've got enough dough to buy a computer
    And then go buy a guitar
    Or blow some cash in a sudden flash
    Down at the strip club bar
    I've got enough to go gourmet
    And stuff until I'm fat
    I'm not sure how to spend my cash
    Or where my brain is at!

(Chorus)

I've got those bad confusing blues
    I'm doing it to myself
    I might as well just burn my cash
    Put the ashes in a bottle on the shelf
    I've got no clue of what to do
    Or where I want to go
    I'll fritter away every nickel of pay
    With nothing left to show!

(Verse 2)

To be a writer and scribble down words
    I really don't need a lot
    Or maybe I'll rock around the clock
    While my brain cells go to pot
    Perhaps I'll travel and ride the bus
    Around the whole damn state
    Or grab a girl and give 'er a whirl
    Just rent one for a date!

(repeat chorus)

..and here I ran out of ideas. Need more coffee.

*applause* hehe :)

edited December 1969

- The department manager that helped me find a good system cheap and gets part of the commission

Office Depot is having a MSSIVE sale on old Sandy Bridge-based laptops, so I got this Lenovo Z570 Core i5 system for $150 off - it came out to just about $80 more than the i3 system I was looking at and it's significantly faster! It's now my 3D machine and I christen hey "Scylla"! :ahhh: Yes, in a day or so I'll be between Scylla and Charybdis (charybdis is my other laptop).

I have money left.. what to do, what to do? I have enough to get the i3 Lenovo I was looking at and have money left over, or get a mid-range guitar, or party MAXIMALLY at the strip club! Or go to San Antonio for the weekend and travel the Riverwalk!

oh wow that's so cheap. I would go for a swim and then listen to the siren's song :)

edited December 1969

achooo summer fevr turning into summer cold. gatorade all gone.

my buppy is keeping me company :)

and a yoshi repost hoping it will steer my wackadoodl dreams to nice things.
    it must be time for new dreamcatchers.

Yoshi.jpg
    460 x 506 - 42K
    Me_052.jpg
    241 x 203 - 12K
    edited December 1969

woohoo, glad you are feeling a bit better Misty :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

I'm one of the unlucky many - apparently (according to my research) Paypal just does this sometimes, and depending on who/what/when/phase of the moon/cosmic rays, they may or may not admit a mistake, and may or may not do anything about it, and may or may not go ahead and take your money! Apparently there have been some lawsuits about same, as well. I've never had luck with any transaction over $500 going through on the first try, I've had $800 clear in the past after 2 days of phone calls and some SERIOUS Tourettes on my part! :smirk:

...yep, been there myself pardner.

To preregister for the convention I went to last spring, the only payment options were either Pay Pal, or sending a handwritten cheque via snail mail (how archaic, especially for a major Sci-Fi con). So I opened a PayPal account, transferred the funds required (plus a little extra) and after receiving notification that the transaction cleared, submitted my Convention application. Lo & behold, the payment for the convention was not taken from the PayPal account but out of my regular bank balance. That left me a bit strapped for a short while as it took several days to transfer the money back.

Fortunately for next year's event, they are going to accept direct CC payment for preregistration.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700
    edited December 1969

Worked tonight. It was okay.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I am tired. I have work tonight.

Soon I will be in nc.

Is the weather warm in nc? :)

Yeah. Weather is similar to va weather.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Don't know about the pie, but there's the Haagen-Daz store by the Alamo. You just haven't lived until you've been in SA when its's over 100F.

edited December 1969

I need to brush my teeth and get some sleep.

edited December 1969

Attic Anne did you get the pm I sent you?

edited December 1969

Facebook is giving me troubles. Well the mobile version that is.

edited December 1969

Mobile apps aren't problem free, Safari on an ipad works best for me with the forum, the iphone not so good, probably 'cos it is a 2nd generation 3G and we haz 4G here now, or something like that :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Okay so TV isn't as bad as it is in the Garfield strips, but it sure as heck is close. Especially on the Disney channel.
    "Attack of the Brain-Sucking Eye" <--- O_o I cannot imagine a movie like that.</p>

edited December 1969

I need to get some sleep.

edited December 1969

Lock the doors and windows, or the brain-sucking giant eye might get you O_O

I should be getting some sleep too, but I simply can't seem to justify doing so when I can be up all night playing with the C4D demo XD

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Lock the doors and windows, or the brain-sucking giant eye might get you O_O

I should be getting some sleep too, but I simply can't seem to justify doing so when I can be up all night playing with the C4D demo XD

Door is locked.

edited August 2012

I envision having much fun with Cinema 4D Studio when I upgrade :D
    It looks like it's going to happen later this month. I'm going to be looking into the MSA offer, which is like an annual payment thingie but a LOT less expensive than buying the program outright.
    All ye sleepy dragons of the land, know that you will finally get comfy and warm blankets to snuggle beneath, and not just a bed of leaves.

wyvern-sleepy.jpg
    639 x 398 - 185K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Heh what a crackup, love the tail poking out from under the blankys :)

edited December 1969

I hope to do a lot of such fun pictures soon. Right now I'm just doing random stuff having a blast watching things work. Eventually I hope to do something more detailed and elaborate.
    Also... Puzzles!

puzzle.jpg
    798 x 421 - 166K
    edited August 2012

Jigsaw Particles? I got this bat particles flocking thing going:

batzSml.png
    800 x 322 - 352K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Yups it's a puzzle :D
    Made with a plugin that makes parametric puzzles from images. Really cool and fun: http://nitro4d.com/blog/freebie/magic-puzzle/
    Bat swarm! :D

Another puzzle~
    I could do this with every image on my computer. So much fun.

trex_puzzle.jpg
    639 x 400 - 159K
    edited December 1969

Looks like lots of fun

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited December 1969

Yet another puzzle. This one is using an image I rendered myself once before as the puzzle, and was rendered in R13 with Vray and an HDR light. Since I don't have dynamics in my version of 13 (I was using the R14 Studio demo before), I positioned most of it by hand, and used the Randomize function to rotate the pieces.

trex_puzzle2.jpg
    960 x 600 - 442K
    edited December 1969

Oh wow intriguing :)

edited December 1969

Updated it. Now has 256 pieces, the scattered ones and the ones in the box placed by hand~
    Rendered in Vray :3

trex-puzzle_web.jpg
    800 x 500 - 251K
    edited December 1969

I had nightmares last night. Some were disgusting like decapitated felines.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Don't know about the pie, but there's the Haagen-Daz store by the Alamo. You just haven't lived until you've been in SA when its's over 100F.

This is pretty much why I've decided that traveling anywhere in Texas right now is a mistake!!! It's supposed to hit around 103F here, SA isn't any better, and unless Haagen-Daz makes sugar-free ice ccream I can't have any. :down:

I'm strongly considering getting the Lenovo G570 Core i3 system now, as that will complete my upgrade cycle and I can spend this uberhot weekend indoors constructing my Center of Terrifying Power(tm). Of curse if I wait until next weekend, I could get another Z570 Core i5 system.. but honestly.. machine #2 is only for Web surfing, movie watching, writing, and ePublishing - even an i3 is overkill. There's a good possibility that reformatting/reinstalling Windows on the Asus would get it back to the point of being a decent ePublishing machine, my main complaint is that something is chewing up a big chunk of RAM and I can't chase it down. Argh!

Not real sure about the guitar. If I do get one, that means long hours regrowing calluses on my left hand fingers, which means they become a problem to use for glucose testing, which makes life more difficult. Urgh. Switching t bass probably wouldn't be any better. Still, research shows that plenty of diabetics play guitar, and apparently you can use the SIDE of your finger to get blood from, so it's not a total loss (just more difficult). Meh.

Today's complaint: pain. Foot hurts from walking on it, legs hurt from walking (getting used to the long daily walk again), had a really bad hamstring cramp coming in to work, oww, oww, freaking OWW! :grrr: This is going to go on for a while, I guess.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I envision having much fun with Cinema 4D Studio when I upgrade :D
    It looks like it's going to happen later this month. I'm going to be looking into the MSA offer, which is like an annual payment thingie but a LOT less expensive than buying the program outright.
    All ye sleepy dragons of the land, know that you will finally get comfy and warm blankets to snuggle beneath, and not just a bed of leaves.

Very nice - and cute!!! :coolcheese:

This discussion has been closed.