Log Files - where are they?

I keep getting an error message when trying to open a file. It says error when opening file. See log file for details. I can't find a log file, and searching through literature/guides/tutorials, there is no mention of any log files.

I do not understand when I get this with so many standard accessories that come with 4.12.

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

You can access the Error Log within DS.  Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

This often occurs because you are trying to apply  preset when nothing in the scene is selected.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Either that, or trying to load a materials preset instead of the object the preset applies to.

• Hello! Everyone I'm having a problem with one of the most popular hair (Primavera Hair with dForce Bundle) every time I load the hair and try to change material color it lets me error see log file, but I looked everywhere and I just don't know what to do anymore I even removed DAZ 3D and restart to refresh but is not helping. Can anyone help me plz! I would really appreciate the help thank you! 

• What do you have selected when trying to apply the materials?

• I SELECT HAIR 

• I select hair but this is what I keep getting :( Help me, please! 

LOG FILE ERROR.PNG
    1886 x 981 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    edited June 2021

It's a hierarchical material preset, so it might be expecting you to have the figure itself selected. It's also made for G8, so do you have the hair on G8F, or G8.1F?

Post edited by Gordig on