Green and Vein Skin for Genesis 8 Male

Emo SludgeEmo Sludge Posts: 79
edited May 2020 in Freebies

Hi Everyone!

This is my first attempt at a Daz Studio product. I'm pretty new here (first downloaded Daz in March) and I've been having a lot of fun using the program. Other people's freebies have been invaluable, so while I attempt to master the program to eventually make my own official PA products, I thought I'd share my experiments.

This is a full body texture for Genesis 8 Male that turns his skin green and adds veins with normal mapping to give it some extra dimension.

The normal map also makes the seam kind of noticable (likes kind of like an action figure that's been cast from a mold), but I find you can only really see it in harsher lighting. (see below) If anyone can tell me how to fix this I would love to know! I'm sure that Blender (with which I created these textures) has some issues with the edges when baking. 

Here's an example of a render I used it for:

This is CC0 so feel free to use this however you wish! Commercial or otherwise.

-------------------

You can download it from my gumroad here: https://gumroad.com/l/WySpa

-------------------

If I didn't package it right, please let me know! Or if I DID package it right, please also let me know (lol). Really any feedback would be great!

I'll also probably upload it to sharecg and renderosity at some point too. I just need to get my accounts set up and figure out those sites. I already use gumroad so it seemed like a quicker bet to get it uploaded and hosted (plus, extremely generous people can leave me a tip, although this is in no way expected)

Last thing, if you make any renders with my texture, I'd love to see it!

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 5.18.08 PM.png
1358 x 1756 - 1M
Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 5.27.03 PM.png
1324 x 1728 - 1M
spitalfreakout-final.png
1230 x 1538 - 3M
Post edited by Emo Sludge on

Comments

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,637

This looks interesting and a bit gross. Good! Thanks for sharing it.

• Emo SludgeEmo Sludge Posts: 79
    edited May 2020
    Torquinox said:

This looks interesting and a bit gross. Good! Thanks for sharing it.

Just a bit haha

thanks! 

Post edited by Emo Sludge on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Thank you for sharing, Emo! Horror isn't necessarily my thing, but I can certainly appreciate the time and effort that you put into this. Great things to come, I expect. I downloaded it and had a look, as you requested - packaging looks fine, although for products sold through the DAZ store, they will provide you with more specific direction when the time comes. Everything seems to work as expected. Insofar as the seam issue is concerned, I'm thinking that it may be the Normal maps, but I'm only guessing - hopefully some of the texture experts hereabouts will happen by and offer some guidance.

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

very cool thanks.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

thanks a lot! awesome mutant stuff, looks fab, great job! ^^

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,312

Thank you for this, will come in handy for those halloween contests lol

Thank you for this, will come in handy for those halloween contests lol

I'm looking forward to that!

SixDs said:

Thank you for sharing, Emo! Horror isn't necessarily my thing, but I can certainly appreciate the time and effort that you put into this. Great things to come, I expect. I downloaded it and had a look, as you requested - packaging looks fine, although for products sold through the DAZ store, they will provide you with more specific direction when the time comes. Everything seems to work as expected. Insofar as the seam issue is concerned, I'm thinking that it may be the Normal maps, but I'm only guessing - hopefully some of the texture experts hereabouts will happen by and offer some guidance.

Sorry, almost forgot to thank you for confirming it was packed fine and worked when installed, SixDs!