Highlands - Lag Help

I have bought this product: https://www.daz3d.com/highlands. I have seen it in some very nice images lately and wanted to give it a whirl myself.

When I load up the Environment into my viewport, the whole program is extremely sluggish when zooming, panning, and turning the camera. This is even before I have enabled IRay. So, it is almost impossible to get the cameras, lighting, and figures set up how I want.

Does anyone know if there is a way to speed this up? Scaling the environment down maybe? I'm stuck. 

Thanks!

Comments

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,784

I don't have this product myself, but you need to do something to reduce the amount of work your computer has to do every time you move the camera. Are there details you can hide from view? There seem to be a lot of tufts of grass on the ground, can they be made invisible in the viewport?

• billyroscobillyrosco Posts: 56

I don't have this product myself, but you need to do something to reduce the amount of work your computer has to do every time you move the camera. Are there details you can hide from view? There seem to be a lot of tufts of grass on the ground, can they be made invisible in the viewport?

Thanks for the help!