Keeping locked dials intact

How can I keep locked dials intact? I have noticed that some dials affect others, locking the affected dials and reverting the ones which affect them changes the locked dials too. Even memorizing selected items does nothing (I thought it would memorize the selected dials settings, but that doesn't seem to be the case for some reason), since it restores the other dial too. (Not sure why it does that, since it should only be memorizing the selected dials unless I am interpreting it wrong)

Let's say there's a morph that gives me dial A which in turn affects this dial B from another morph (or default daz ones) and I want to just keep B intact and reset A back to 0. How can I do so? I would understand if both of them changed the shape of one thing, but that's not the case.

I am trying to preserve a part of the character's shape, if anyone's wondering. The body dial of the character changes several things and I wanted to keep the setting of one of the dials it affects. 

Comments

• Either change the limits of the particular dial to not drop below the preferred value, click the gear icon to access the slider menu, or adjust the dial directly and lock the parent dials.

In some cases, dials work in both directions. Change a value on the sub-dial, the parent dial changes as well.

Just depends on the particular slider type.

• I see. Yeah k think I've came across such dials too where the sub dial changes the parent dial. The limit trick might work, but why does this happen? A lock should just mean that the value is locked regardless of what affects it or not. It's annoying. Those tricks work for individual dials, which still means I have to hunt for the dials that won't stick when locked. Locking the parent is out of the question, I don't want that locked since I don't want the entire shape or effect of the parent dial. Isn't there a better/efficient way of doing it?
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

I thought there might be a way to freeze them but I'm not sure how. the fact that the lock is ignored is frustrating and there needs to be a button "lock for realzies", otherwise what is the point.

• Glad someone is with me here. It's goddamn frustrating, having to remember about the values and whatnot. And this is as far as for things you know/remember wouldn't stay locked, what about the rest? Such a bummer. It has to do with ERC freezing. One way I thought of to bypass it was deleting the erc controllers. But then again, it only works for dials you know about, and things can still be missed out.