question to spotlight ds3

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

hello,

is it possible in some way to fix the range of a spotlight? I mean not just the intensity or the spreadangle. I have fixed the intensity down to 25% but the shadow was yet thrown through the whole room.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,860
    edited December 1969

No, the default spot light has no distance falloff at all. The uberSpot lights do have adjustable falloff, including the option to terminate illumination at a set distance, or you can build your own light in Shader Mixer though you won't be able to stop it from calculating beyond a set range as you can uberSpot (unless I missed a trick, or a feature has been added since I last tried it).

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

ah,

thank you Richard :) will try it :)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

No, the default spot light has no distance falloff at all. The uberSpot lights do have adjustable falloff, including the option to terminate illumination at a set distance, or you can build your own light in Shader Mixer though you won't be able to stop it from calculating beyond a set range as you can uberSpot (unless I missed a trick, or a feature has been added since I last tried it).

maybe I am a bit stupid but what do I have to have to have the uber spot light, means what product? I do have the über area and the uber environment 2 or has one of these the uber spot included? I don`t know. As in my Job lighting is not my hobby, means that is something I am not really good in, knowledge

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,860
    edited December 1969

Sorry, uberSpot is a commercial item http://www.daz3d.com/shop/uberspot-light-shader-for-daz-studio . Using Shader Mixer is free.