DIM Login Issue-Unable to login to specified account....

Saturday it was working fine.  Ive been working the past few days so I have not been on the computer.  Today I am trying to log into DIM to downloaded my purchases, nothings been changed and noone touches my computer but me.  Its says "Unable to login to specified account. Verify email and/or password is correct and try again"  Which I did just to make sure and its still not working.  Daz Studio is logged in just fine and the website is working fine its just DIM.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

You're not the only one having problems today, other users have reported the same issue.

• jjcasanojjcasano Posts: 2

Same thing here. DIM not working.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858

Try changing your password - especially if it's short now.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

That fixed it Richard Thank you!!

• Leo LeeLeo Lee Posts: 184

Same issue here. I can't change my password. Says "Inavlid Current Password". And I am logged laugh

• Robert_BoebelRobert_Boebel Posts: 58
    edited May 2020

same [issue] here.
    I suspect that this is done on purpose to check that everything is registered.
    The same problem also exists with other software (Audio and Video) that does not run after 1 to 2 years and has to be reinstalled.
    Annoying

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ok, with change the passwort it works again.
    Why I got no massage from DAZ, that it have to change.
    Really poorly made!

same [issue] here.
    I suspect that this is done on purpose to check that everything is registered.
    The same problem also exists with other software (Audio and Video) that does not run after 1 to 2 years and has to be reinstalled.
    Annoying

No, it isn't -  people with more robust passwords didn't have the issue.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436

While  the objective of getting people to use stronger passwords may be worthwhile, the  implementation is horrible.  DIM really needs to tell us what the problem is, not just "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again."

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited May 2020

What the [expletive deleted] does it take to get this thing to work? I have updated to the latest DIM. I have changed to a more robust password. I have changed my username so it no longer contains forbidden characters. And still, "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again."

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

All I did was change my password.  Username is my email address password I made to be alphabet numbers and a symbol, it was 9 characters long.  Hope you get it figured out murgatroyd314.

What the [expletive deleted] does it take to get this thing to work? I have updated to the latest DIM. I have changed to a more robust password. I have changed my username so it no longer contains forbidden characters. And still, "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again."

The forum at least seems sluggish tonight (and I've had a couple of timeouts) so it may be worth tyying again tomorrow, if it still deosn't work then I think you need to open a suport ticket as it may be an issue specific to your account.

While  the objective of getting people to use stronger passwords may be worthwhile, the  implementation is horrible.  DIM really needs to tell us what the problem is, not just "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again."

DIM is getting a message and passing it on - it doesn't (can't) do the authentication itself

• Same issue here on 28 september 2020... password reset to +9 characters wont work, issue persists

• Same issue here on 28 september 2020... password reset to +9 characters wont work, issue persists

You may, then, need to open a suport ticket.

• shoppingcicishoppingcici Posts: 0
    edited October 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Thanks! it's fixed!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • leo04leo04 Posts: 311

Having this issue today. Already changed password. Getting into the site okay just can't open DIM.  Reinstalled Dim too.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

It's been reported

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,759

Server connection is back ~