To Rashad and Horo - i can't log in to Bryce5.com

edited July 2012 in Bryce Discussion

Hello Rashad and Horo

Rashad suggested i might join Bryce5.com.

Well i did that as a tribute to him, giving user name and password.

I got an email back confirming all was OK and with activation URL.

I went there and all was well and i could see the work of Rashad, Horo and David et. al.

Next day i could not log in because my name and password were deemed incorrect.

So i registered again with same data and it was accepted.

That worried me because the same user name and password should not be accepted a second time!

Sure enough i got a another welcoming email.

Then later i could not login because it said my user name and password were not correct.

I can only conclude that Bryce5. com is totally stuffed.

I want nothing to do with a site like that!

And it probably explains to you why i have had nothing to do with your silly forums for over a decade.

Kind regards, Peter.

Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

You might want to re word that Peter, it does sound a bit harsh. :)

At the very worst, it's just technology not working as it should, which none of us Bryce users should ever be surprised about nor upset over.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

Peter,

Thanks for joining the site as a tribute to me. Savage64 is correct, it is just a techno glitch. Like with anything else, there is a history that got us here. Bryce5.com recently updated the software because the old one was too vulnerable to hackers and bots. For this reason the new account protocol has been altered. The kinks are not fully worked out. Since the new launch you are the third person who has had this problem. Each of them were also pretty frustrated over the issue so I'm not totally surprised by your reaction. In the past it seemed to fix itself once an Admin was made aware. Fortunately, both Horo and myself are Admins on the site so I can fix this for you. Just send me a PM with your email and the user name and password you would like to use and I will get that fixed for you in a jiffy. Sorry for the issues. Please dont let it sour you on the entire site. To put it into perspective, Nightst4r the owner of the site has maintained it out of his own pocket for nearly 10 years. He means to do well by the Bryce community. technology sucks nowadays.

It reminds me of the issues people are having with other websites as well. I think there is an inverse Murphy's law, that as fast as technology might advance so do the means of breaking that new technology. The race just keeps getting faster.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

And it's not just Sites like this.

Did any of you happen to catch the news when one of the Major UK banking groups decided to upgrade their software.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18575932

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

You might want to re word that Peter, it does sound a bit harsh. :)

At the very worst, it's just technology not working as it should, which none of us Bryce users should ever be surprised about nor upset over.

OK my writing was harsh!

But i also experienced problems with this DAZ site writing this [RIGHT NOW] and i did not "spit the dummy" because of those. I got through to you because i understand this DAZ website and how it works and all of its flaws. I won't go into all the details! My point is not that Bryce is complex and bug ridden and we loving "Brycers" accept that. It is completely different and you miss that point. I am talking about Bryce5.com only !!!!!! I am NOT criticising DAZ or Bryce!

If a website accepts a member to a forum and then later does not accept him (her) and then later accepts him(her) again but denies him(her) because he(she) is submitting the same email address? Well that is a major security issue! Moreover it is a "computer agent" gone insane! It is very serious! I mean Bryce5.com is not a new site conjured up by some novice programmer last week but a major site existing for some time which is highly respected!

The whole point of "technology" is to reduce human error. [not to increase it ] That is why i devoted much of my life to computer programming! Imagine if your credit card details were compromised or you were double charged because you clicked the button twice. We must hold the people who create and control technology accountable. And i am one of those people who create technology! As i judge myself harshly so i judge others!

Kind regards

Peter

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Ok Peter. Rashad's going to sort it out for you. There may be a problem with a character it accepts when registering but not afterwards. In the Forum, you exist as Kine-magiK but not in the galleries. By the way, we had some users of the gallery who could not log-in out of a sudden. Everything was ok, their contributions and comments were there, they couldn't log-on nevertheless. The problem was finally MSIE ...

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

Few days ago at the Breaking News on Reality Tv in my country, they announced a new internet virus , something like a DNS Changer virus or so.We were warned that we might need to reconfigure modem's software.Estimated affected computers around the world, +1000.Since few days my internet keeps disconnecting and come back.I'm not sure if this due the heat waves and sultry weather with record temperatures as 41°C atm in my country or the internet virus which may affect servers or networks, i just wanted you to know , internet users or site admins.
    If someone experiences unusual internet or websites shutdowndown you might need to take a look if everything is ok with ISP and/or internet protocols.
    Source:
    http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=20631
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2171013/DNSChanger-Malware-internet-meltdown-bust-feared-DNS-changer-virus-fizzles-doomsday.html

Post edited by cris333 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that, cris333. We had an URL to test whether the DNS Changer had hit us. As of 4. July, there were still 400 computers infected in this country. Which is really not a lot.

I also have issues with displaying websites from time to time. Everything works, except HTTP. I finally found that if I used a couple of FTP sessions, my VDSL router needs a reset. Then everything works a treat again.

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited July 2012

Thank you too Horo for your fast reply.I'm not an expert on Internet protocols i just know some basics.If i have trouble with something i uninstall drivers then reinstall, if something is wrong ,like a masive device crash or infection in windows i just reinstall windows in drive C if my antivirus or firewall got break too :-) ,of course with reinstalling all the aplications due to deleting all registry entries/database .
    Wish to make an additional note about the DNS Changer virus, seems on this official adress :
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2171013/DNSChanger-Malware-internet-meltdown-bust-feared-DNS-changer-virus-fizzles-doomsday.html
    there is a virus checker and everyone can try to see if their computers are infected.The background of the image is Green for Clean or Red for infected.If for some reason can't go to this link visit the blue link of FBI from image.
    Note: If you are using a hiding IP application (such as Hide my IP)i don't know if this test will work properly.
    This is the image for clean :

DNS-Changer-test.jpg
    644 x 476 - 115K
    Post edited by cris333 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

And of course that prelim check did say that if your ISP was aware of this problem and had protected you from the malware, then you could still have been vunerable when the temp DNS which had been put in place by the PTB were taken down.

However as this was taken down on Monday gone, and you are still on the internet then you can be sure that you were not infected by the changer malware.

Had you been infected with the Malware then on last Monday when the temp DNS were taken down you would not have been able to access the interent at all.

• edited December 1969

Peter,

Thanks for joining the site as a tribute to me. Savage64 is correct, it is just a techno glitch. Like with anything else, there is a history that got us here. Bryce5.com recently updated the software because the old one was too vulnerable to hackers and bots. For this reason the new account protocol has been altered. The kinks are not fully worked out. Since the new launch you are the third person who has had this problem. Each of them were also pretty frustrated over the issue so I'm not totally surprised by your reaction. In the past it seemed to fix itself once an Admin was made aware. Fortunately, both Horo and myself are Admins on the site so I can fix this for you. Just send me a PM with your email and the user name and password you would like to use and I will get that fixed for you in a jiffy. Sorry for the issues. Please dont let it sour you on the entire site. To put it into perspective, Nightst4r the owner of the site has maintained it out of his own pocket for nearly 10 years. He means to do well by the Bryce community. technology sucks nowadays.

It reminds me of the issues people are having with other websites as well. I think there is an inverse Murphy's law, that as fast as technology might advance so do the means of breaking that new technology. The race just keeps getting faster.

Thanks for trying to help so quickly Rashad.

I have sent you a PM and will wait patiently until you sort this out.

In the mean time i will work on part 3 of the ongoing tutorial.

Kind regards

Peter

• edited July 2012

Horo said:
    Ok Peter. Rashad's going to sort it out for you. There may be a problem with a character it accepts when registering but not afterwards. In the Forum, you exist as Kine-magiK but not in the galleries. By the way, we had some users of the gallery who could not log-in out of a sudden. Everything was ok, their contributions and comments were there, they couldn't log-on nevertheless. The problem was finally MSIE ...

Hello Horo,

Yes Rashad is working on it.

I have so much work to do [with the tutorial and all the rest] that for the time being i don't need to go to Bryce5.com.

Kind regards

Peter

PS [edit] yes "Kine-magiK" is correct. I have tried it just now. Thanks heaps Horo.

Post edited by pbudarick_4a3d2ac478 on
  • edited December 1969

Hello again Rashad,

Horo wrote that i used "Kine-magiK" at first when i registered.

So i tried that just now and i was able to log in.

Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase.

Both KinemagiK and Kine_magiK are not accepted. Perhaps during registration i knew that i could not use the second and have now gotten into the habit of using Kine_magiK because i use it here.

Thanks again.

Peter

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

I am glad to know that this has worked itself out. As Horo says, there are two areas of Bryce5.com, the forums and the galleries. it is possible that one username functions in one area but not the other. earlier I was able to log into the galleries as kinemagic so if you have any trouble entering the galleries try it out. I am assuming kine-magik worked fin for the forums? Anyhow, the ball is rolling.