More Vignettes, Please

Most of my work is pinup art and I don't need expansive backgrounds, just something to give the illusion of a world behind the model. So, I would like either more vignettes, or, larger sets with smaller sections available for use. Some vendors do this, but some of my favorites do not, and I ened up having to hide or delete 75% or more of the scene and leave the tiny section I actually want to use.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

What kind of sets do you want for the vignettes?

(I've got a TV News vignette coming soon for those that don't need a full studio and just want to render what the viewers would see)

I'm also considering doing more vignette-type backgrounds for other areas.

TVN Popup_08.jpg
    1400 x 1400 - 122K
    TVN Popup_01.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 309K
    TVN Popup_06.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 238K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

I like vignettes for the same reason. Silent Winter, while that would be cool for a news specific scenario, wouldn't work well for pinups. Think interesting walls, furniture, paintings, plants, railings, things a girl would pose in front of or on. Even themed ones as well, like a metallic environment for bondage/fetish images and posing, or bright candy colored themes for flirty, light hearted posing

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

This is interesting. Until about a week ago, I would have hated any offering of a vignette product.

I even dislike single streets.

BUT! That latest door step was awesome.

https://www.daz3d.com/street-vignettes--saint-louis

Oh man. And I overlooked this one when it first came out.

https://www.daz3d.com/little-street-2

But just kept coming back to it.

Finally nabbed it.

I think the win would be to offer the small sets, but also keep them as a collection of props for kitbashing.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

I like vignettes for the same reason. Silent Winter, while that would be cool for a news specific scenario, wouldn't work well for pinups. Think interesting walls, furniture, paintings, plants, railings, things a girl would pose in front of or on. Even themed ones as well, like a metallic environment for bondage/fetish images and posing, or bright candy colored themes for flirty, light hearted posing

You're obviously not blessed with some of the news readers that we have here :p

But yeah, artistic vignettes are cool too. I'll see what inspiration strikes (though it'll be a while for me since non-3D busyness looms)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

I misread more vinegarettes and thought it was refering to a salad dressing

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

I'm interested in vignettes too, but i have to say i'm not happy with the price.

They are just too close in price to some full rooms. And considering the amount of cheap full scenarios we have in PC+; i found a house front with a single texture, no depth and no props for over $8 (already counting 51% discount) to be beyond expensive. If it included a full block with different house fronts, two textures (like new and old) and a couple o basic props then it would be nice. Or at least make a pack of 3 for that price.

Of course is just an opinion, there are people already paying a lot for those simple ones.

I think what Silent Winter is showing to be much closer to what i would like, and consider buying.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited May 2020

I'm really a fan of vignettes. I love Antfarm's kill Room series. So darn useful. I would love more like that. Alleys  sewer, bathroom, bedroom, sink etc.  Stonemason's little sci-fi bedroom is also vignette style and just perfect. But also bar, restaurant, rooftop etc.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    I think the win would be to offer the small sets, but also keep them as a collection of props for kitbashing.

Definately. I cut my rendering teeth od DM's sets, which tend to be vignettes. Kinda miss all their old Poser stuff.