[Released] Rotations Add-On for ManFriday's Mesh Grabber [Commercial]

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    carrie58 said:
    Loony said:
    carrie58 said:

I bought it but there isn't even the DIM download  ,never used DIM I only manuelly install but for this I guess I would try ...

Yeah its onl aviable via link to DIM, you cant download the zip from the shop, but you find the ZIp after downloading via DIM...

but I don't even see the DIM   .... thi is rediculous though seems like I am being forced to use DIM even if I don't want to ....

Yes, sadly for this product you are forced to use DIM...

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Can I uninstall DIM  afterwards?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    carrie58 said:

Yes you can. I'm sorry about the inconvenience!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    hookflash said:

Sorry, but $25 for an "add-on" that adds a basic feature to an already expensive plugin is way too much.

I'm not sure if ManFriday would have made this an update or a paid addon back when we were all begging for it, but many of us, myself included, suggested it should be a paid addon because we were aware of how much time MF was putting into it.

I have been using Mesh Grabber to do things in DS I used to do in Hexagon, but in far less time, and with far fewer program crashes. I've tackled things in DS, in fact, that I'd never have considered trying in Hex, (as I use the program so seldom, I have to relearn it every time.) I'm very happy to have the rotation addon, but I've managed to do an amazing number of things without it. It all comes down to learning the tool, and the more you use it, the better you get at it. (Which is generally true of any tool.)

If the $17+ intro price is too much for your budget now, wishlist it. In a few months or so, it's bound to be on sale at a price you can justify. The PA Festival will start in September, (probably the last Monday of August, actually,) where you can more than likely get a 50% discount on the product.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Thanks ManFriday!

ManFriday said:
    carrie58 said:

yeah well I've now tried 3 times to install DIM  and it has locked up and crashed my Windows ..... so I guess I'm out of luck ...

carrie58 said:
    ManFriday said:
    carrie58 said:

yeah well I've now tried 3 times to install DIM  and it has locked up and crashed my Windows ..... so I guess I'm out of luck ...

How do you make that? xD

I downloaded the DIM installer  double click on it a window pops up asking if I want to allow this thing to run I click  "yes" at that point the wirling circle of death pops up and 5 minutes later  Windows crashes leaving me with a black screen and no it's not just napping  ,I've had to pull the plug to get the conputer to restart

edited May 2020

oh... that is crazy...

but... daz3d dont make problems for you? you dont run a 3d software on a "toaster"? :D

or do you use just 3DL with low settings? :) I know there are crazy peoples who just use 3DL and just use a Laptop, absolute not my level^^.

Post edited by Loony on

Not a toaster , this is the first time I have had an issue with an installer  ....... and yes I am a crazy person who uses 3DL but I graduated to a desktop from the lap top .......

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

I'm fairly certain there is a CMS file which needs to be installed prior to the DIM installation. It's been years since I had to deal with it, but there are posts about it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Connatic said:

I'm fairly certain there is a CMS file which needs to be installed prior to the DIM installation. It's been years since I had to deal with it, but there are posts about it.

No, there isn't.  DIM can install the CMS.

• ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279
    Connatic said:

No, there isn't.  DIM can install the CMS.

Something else, then? Seems there is a pre-requisite condition which DIM needs.

carrie58 said:

Not a toaster , this is the first time I have had an issue with an installer  ....... and yes I am a crazy person who uses 3DL but I graduated to a desktop from the lap top .......

Oh no you use 3Dl Shame Shame shame! :D 3DL is soo horrible O_O.... I am a graphic junky... I need the realism :p

Crash deserved :P

Loony said:
    carrie58 said:

Oh no you use 3Dl Shame Shame shame! :D 3DL is soo horrible O_O.... I am a graphic junky... I need the realism :p

Crash deserved :P

ahhh graphic junky ....I got no shame I am crazy I like toon s and fantasy not reality so take that you , you Loony you ....

Uhhh a Toonie! So you make my next Pixar animation comic? :D

I assume you got hyped with the new Toon generation release?^^

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,999
    Connatic said:

Are you maybe thinking of Connect, which needs a key file to work?

• OdinVonDOdinVonD Posts: 243
    Muneman said:

My big kryptonite in Daz is selecting an object to rotate and then being unable to actually hit the tiny little wheels and selecting something else instead. Not a big deal when it's a huge object like a head, but could be a problem for tiny little vertices. 

This! 

But yes, excellent product! I was just thinking the other day that I wishes that Mesh Grabber could rotate surfaces. An instant-buy for me! Thanks so much! 

edited May 2020
    Loony said:

Uhhh a Toonie! So you make my next Pixar animation comic? :D

I assume you got hyped with the new Toon generation release?^^

yeah probably not ain't that good and don't do animation ...oh well

still no luck installing DIM  now I can't get my download folder to open .......^#^#^&S&%$ computer !!

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593

I downloaded and installed DIM, bought the rotation addon, downloaded it via DIM, transferred downloaded zip to download folder, extracted and placed dll in plugin folder, deleted DIM. A lot of palaver for something that could have been provided with the zip in my product library.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

Thank you for making it an intuitive to use product.

I downloaded and installed DIM, bought the rotation addon, downloaded it via DIM, transferred downloaded zip to download folder, extracted and placed dll in plugin folder, deleted DIM. A lot of palaver for something that could have been provided with the zip in my product library.

Thats how I made it... okay didnt did delete the dim xD...sadly IF ManFriday makes an update we have to sue DIM again :/ same for Meshgrabber.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Hey Man Friday, you do know that almost all of your image links in your first post are pointing to ONE image, the lion profile one.  Might want to fix that.  

PS, you got a sale.  I bought it first thing this AM!  Thank yoU! 

Wow finally got DIM installed now to move on to the rest  oh and I agree with lorraineopua ... long way around for a zip file

• CELESRACELESRA Posts: 86

Thanks for this. Mesh grabber desperately needed the rotating add-on :) Looks amazing. Great product either way.

• Uh...  I bought the MeshGrabber upgrade, but DIM isn't recognizing my account (I usually use DAZ Connect or manual installs).  Its acting like I'm a new user and only has a few basic downloads available.  When I try the "download and install" button on the product library, DIM tells me "The account referenced is not set up in Install Manager"  even though I am logged in with the correct account (only have one account)...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

Uh...  I bought the MeshGrabber upgrade, but DIM isn't recognizing my account (I usually use DAZ Connect or manual installs).  Its acting like I'm a new user and only has a few basic downloads available.  When I try the "download and install" button on the product library, DIM tells me "The account referenced is not set up in Install Manager"  even though I am logged in with the correct account (only have one account)...

Did you click on the cog in the upper right DIM corner to open the settings and configure where you want downloaded files and applications to go, etc.

• All that seems to be fine, its just clearly not recognizing my account, even though I'm logged in with the correct email.  I only have 8 starter files available to download, even though I have thousands of products in my library.

• Oh, well I found my products, for some reason there was some weird filter typed in, once I deleted that everything appeared...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited May 2020

All that seems to be fine, its just clearly not recognizing my account, even though I'm logged in with the correct email.  I only have 8 starter files available to download, even though I have thousands of products in my library.

Any chance of a typo in the password? I'm not sure how DIM responds in that case. I would assume an error message would be displayed.
    I guess it is time for a help requestfrown

Oh good! I didn't see your response when I replied. Glad you found your stuff!!!

Post edited by barbult on