Toon Generations

jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

So what is the difference between Toon Generations Essentials for G8, and Toon Generations 4 Essentials? It looks great but it seems like the same product, why buy the same thing twice?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,055

The style looks rather different to me. So more toon variety?

• Tigerlily37Tigerlily37 Posts: 48

The faces are very different. It might be fun to mix the last version with this new version to create a variety of faces. Unfortunetly this new version doesn't have the variety of skins the last version had.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,882

The promos looks great, but I have not explored the previous version extensively, yet.

It looks for me, like a good excuse to wait with the new one.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952
    edited May 2020

I really like the new Toons they can use all the Toon Generation skins,hair and clothes and they add a different toon  look to your figures, but just for fun the momma's and babies  comparisons

New toons.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

The new toons look cuter to me. Don't get me wrong - I have a couple of other 3D Universe Toon Generations and I like them both, but this version (to me) is a step up in style and cuteness! I'm grabbing them for sure!

The faces are very different. It might be fun to mix the last version with this new version to create a variety of faces. Unfortunetly this new version doesn't have the variety of skins the last version had.

Ahh but they can use the last version skins

• The Toon Generation 4 figures look great and have morphs for figure and face parts that I wanted... in the earlier Toon Generations for Genesis 8 that I bought a few months ago. So this new release is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. If I had waited I would have gotten this one and NOT the previous one. (Or maybe I would have, eventually. I do quite like the old man from the earlier version.)

I apologize for being a grouch and griping.

So far besides animals  the Toons are the only pro bundles I've bought and I've been saving for this one since it showed up on 3 DUniverses face book page ,I am still exploreing mix and match stuff with the new ones

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I've all the other TGs but haven't bought this one yet. It's cute alright but looks like a variance between TG for G3 and TG for G8 so I'll probably wait. Actually, I know I'll wait as I still like TG for Genesis 3 the best. The nice thing is though the materials, hair & clothing can be used on any of them. And while the clothes aren't original enough to sway me by themselves, some of the hair combined with the face geometries might sway me.

Could you please post more renders, carrie58.

I am still not convinced, yet wink

I would like to see all the included face & body morphs. Or is that all 100% linked to the age dials?

Artini said:

Could you please post more renders, carrie58.

I am still not convinced, yet wink

Sorry just got back from my first outing in 2 months!! yeah me!! What would you like ?Anything in particular ? Oh oh here's a plus the eyebrows are NOT  attached to the hair !!

nonesuch00 I will try to get a screen shot  .......

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,314

I have a render running while I am at work today - will try to post something later this evening.  I'm really liking this latest iteration of Toon Generation!

edited May 2020

nonesuch00 there are 5 morphs for face there are 4 for the  eyes , nose and mouth ,and they are both positive a negative ,bodywise they take any of the body morpphs you've got .

This is the female again ,just added weight to her and used the the eye mouth and nose morphs ,skin is from Binah ,and I did use the G3 Toonskin Shader had it ignore the diffused textures.

TG4 Binaskin.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    carrie58 said:

nonesuch00 there are 5 morphs for face there are 4 for the  eyes , nose and mouth ,and they are both positive a negative ,bodywise they take any of the body morpphs you've got .

This is the female again ,just added weight to her and used the the eye mouth and nose morphs ,skin is from Binah ,and I did use the G3 Toonskin Shader had it ignore the diffused textures.

Thanks. That is a big help.

edited May 2020

This is P3D 's Janet and then Janet with 50%TG4 ,Janet by herself is wearing her own skin ,the mix is still wearing Binah's skin and I did lower the propagating scale on her head .

P3D Janet TG$50%.png
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    edited May 2020

Haahahh it took me a bit but !! here is the list of morphs included with the GT4 figures

gt4 morphs .png
    510 x 1249 - 184K
    edited May 2020

here a side by side on the males ToonGen2 ToonGen8 ToonGen4 all of them are set at age 35 ,yeah rediscovered an issue that bugged me with the hair not fitting ToonGen 2  but anyway ...here be the guys ..

thedads.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited May 2020

I don't have the earlier version of toon generations for Genesis 8 to do a side by side.  Here is the new release age set to 21 mixed 50%/50% with one of Marcius's characters (Jackie).

toon generation 3 mixed with marcius.jpg
    1700 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on

That's lovely Diomede

carrie58 said:

here a side by side on the males ToonGen2 ToonGen8 ToonGen4 all of them are set at age 35 ,yeah rediscovered an issue that bugged me with the hair not fitting ToonGen 2  but anyway ...here be the guys ..

Thanks, sort of confirms my feeling the the newest is a cross between TG 2 for Genesis 3 and TG 3 for Genesis 8.

Thanks a lot for all of the examples.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552

I am having trouble with the eyelashes for this version of the toons.  Is there a way to adjust them, replace them, etc?  All I see is a little black line on the lid on the male.

Thanks.

eyelash.jpg
    400 x 533 - 120K

I usually delete them and add the lash utitly by soto instead

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 552
    carrie58 said:

I usually delete them and add the lash utitly by soto instead

Thanks!  They were on sale so I purchased them and I like them.  Thanks for the tip.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    jedijudd said:

So what is the difference between Toon Generations Essentials for G8, and Toon Generations 4 Essentials? It looks great but it seems like the same product, why buy the same thing twice?

I don't understand why Daz doesn't include product release dates, so you can compare which product is older or newer.  Some creators aren't thinking ahead when they create their product titles, so they can seem confusing later on.

Like on Amazon, when a manufacturer releases a newer version of the same product, there is usually a link in the description that says "There is a newer version of this product here...".  Something like that can be done for Daz products.