How do I move the "My Library" folder from one to another harddrive?

schadenjulianschadenjulian Posts: 14
edited May 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

[How do I move the "My Library" folder from one to another harddrive?] Is it just a simple matter of cut out and paste or do I have to do some additional steps?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737

You also need to edit the content directory and install directory locations. In DS open the Preferences dialogue (Edit menu in Windows, Daz Studuo menu on a Mac), go to the Content tab, and click the Content Directory Manager button. In the manager select each of the current driectories and then click Edit on the lft to change it - you select the folder that contains the Data and Runtime folders. Then download http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config/start (using the link above the script itself) and drag that file into the DS Viewport, with Install Manager closed, to update the path used by Install Manager.

• You also need to edit the content directory and install directory locations. In DS open the Preferences dialogue (Edit menu in Windows, Daz Studuo menu on a Mac), go to the Content tab, and click the Content Directory Manager button. In the manager select each of the current driectories and then click Edit on the lft to change it - you select the folder that contains the Data and Runtime folders. Then download http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/install_manager_config/start (using the link above the script itself) and drag that file into the DS Viewport, with Install Manager closed, to update the path used by Install Manager.

But isn't the install manager using the "My Daz 3d Library"(C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library) folder? I am only looking into moving the "My Library"(C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library) folder. Do I still need to configure the Install Manager / DAZ Studio for that?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

You definitely need to change the path to "My library" folder in DS preferences or DS won't find the content you have there once you've moved it.

If you don't use DIM to install content to that folder you can leave DIM preferences as is.

• Leana said:

You definitely need to change the path to "My library" folder in DS preferences or DS won't find the content you have there once you've moved it.

If you don't use DIM to install content to that folder you can leave DIM preferences as is.

Thank you very much for clearing that up :)

• petefaurepetefaure Posts: 47

Leana said:

stupid question I guess... but how exactly do we do that?

• Not a stupid question at all :)  Right-click the tab itself that has the label "Content Library" as in the screenshot. Open the Content Directory Manager, and if you need help from there, ask again - hopefully its intuitive enough. It was for me.

Content manager.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 364K