Some stuff I've done lately

MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
edited April 2014 in Art Studio

Ever since getting a new computer late last year, I've been spending more time with DAZ. A new computer really cut down on render times, and has made it easier to get things done, and practice with things like lighting, volumetric light effects and cameras. I've been slowly working on getting more stuff to work with, but I'm still kinda limited in my content, which shows sometimes. So here are some things I've come up with. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Dragon_Fight.jpg
1832 x 921 - 2M
Post edited by Megarig on

Comments

• MegarigMegarig Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I called this "Family Photo":

Dragon_Family_Photo.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 1M
    edited April 2014

I noticed the floating rocks in the background in that one, so I fixed that and also added a bit of humor with the dragon. And yeah, the guy looks a bit stiff, like an ill posed action figure... :

Dragon_Family_Photo_2.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 1M
    Post edited by Megarig on
    edited December 1969

This was one of my first tries with the volume light cone:

Easter_Island_Surfers_and_Drum.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 788K
    edited December 1969

Some camera experimentation:

Bungalow_Friends_Own_Lighting.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 920K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Cool renders. I like the soft shadows. Most of my renders have hard shadows. Thanks for posting.

edited December 1969

Cool renders. I like the soft shadows. Most of my renders have hard shadows. Thanks for posting.

Thank you. A lot of times, I'll take the easy way with lighting and use UE set to occlusion w soft shadows. But I've been trying to set my own lighting more.

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

Fabulous renders friend :-) Surely can relate to the slow comp, upgrading comp for render speed, I to am limited on content, seems we never have enough *sigh*

edited December 1969

awesomefb said:
    Fabulous renders friend :-) Surely can relate to the slow comp, upgrading comp for render speed, I to am limited on content, seems we never have enough *sigh*

Thanks! Since the new comp came, I've just been trying to have fun with it - like this one I call "Card Game":

Card_Game.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Here's my most recent render, the first one I made using Victoria 6...

Victoria_On_The_Beach.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 682K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Megarig said:
    awesomefb said:

Thanks! Since the new comp came, I've just been trying to have fun with it - like this one I call "Card Game":

Never cheat on a dragon!

• AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416
    edited December 1969

That's what the sword is for :)

mori_mann said:
    Megarig said:
    awesomefb said:

Never cheat on a dragon!

edited December 1969

Thanks, guys!

awesomefb said:
    That's what the sword is for :)

mori_mann said:
    Megarig said:
    awesomefb said:

Never cheat on a dragon!