Three Questions: Why aren't my Morphs for V4 and M4 not working in DAZ? Having trouble installing 3r

Ok so I'm wondering why my Morphs for V4 and M4 aren't working in DAZ?

Second Question: I got some free clothing content from Sharecg.com and for some reason it won't load. I've noticed that the files that were downloaded on my computer only has the runtime folder. There are no People or data folders. The Libraries and Textures folders are listed but not the ones mentioned in the previous sentence.

Third Question: Victoria 4 and Michael 4 aren't showing up in DAZ. Did I do something wrong?

Thanks for any help that can be provided,

~ZeusFluff~

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Had to shorten your Title it broke the Forum formatting.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Ok so I'm wondering why my Morphs for V4 and M4 aren't working in DAZ?

Third Question: Victoria 4 and Michael 4 aren't showing up in DAZ. Did I do something wrong?

This is a little confusing - does one question refer to the Michael 4 and Victoria 4 shapes for Genesis? In any event, more information is required - are the things not showing on the figure, or are they not showing in the content pane (and if the latter, are you looking at Smart Content or the Content Library)?

Second Question: I got some free clothing content from Sharecg.com and for some reason it won't load. I've noticed that the files that were downloaded on my computer only has the runtime folder. There are no People or data folders. The Libraries and Textures folders are listed but not the ones mentioned in the previous sentence.

That sounds as if they are texture sets to be applied to a model, which is either another freebie or a store product.

• edited December 1969

Sorry about that. What happens is the Michael 4 and Victoria 4 Shapes for Genesis aren't showing up in the content library and not showing up on the Genesis figure either when I apply it.

As to my second question: I take it if some of the files I got as a freebie from a 3rd party content site are missing the textures either won't work properly or not work at all.

Does that help?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

It sounds to me as if the 3rd party content that you downloaded from Sharecg is only in poser format, which would expalin why you only have a runtime folder

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Sorry about that. What happens is the Michael 4 and Victoria 4 Shapes for Genesis aren't showing up in the content library and not showing up on the Genesis figure either when I apply it.

The shapes don't have "user facing" files - files that appear in the content panes. they should, however, cause the morphs to be added to Genesis figure when you load it in. If they aren't then it sounds as if the installation didn't work. Did you install manually or with the DAZ Install Manager?

As to my second question: I take it if some of the files I got as a freebie from a 3rd party content site are missing the textures either won't work properly or not work at all.

If they are textures for a model you don't have then no, they won't do anything. To use texture expansions you generally need to load the thing they apply to, have it selected, and then double-click the file to apply the textures - in the Pose or Material libraries under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane in this case, I would think.