Slime Beast

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited April 2014 in The Commons

i just noticed the Slime Beast has .CR2. Does he work in DS3?
i coulda sworn the last time i checked, he only had a .DUF.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

The CR2 is part of the poser companion files, I believe. The materials are all mc6 or duf. Maybe someone with DS3 and Slimebeast can confirm, but I think it's a no-go.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sorry, the .cr2 is just the PoserCF file, it needs DS4.5+ or DSON Importer for Poser.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Thought I was going to add a new creature to my line-up.
    Crap.

-MJ

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,295
    edited December 1969

Why not use the poser files to have the model but use the ds files for the textures?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The duf format but that is not a game stopper. Here is a work around for DS3

Install the Poser cr2. and only content like poses that are usable if in a poser format that DS3 can read. Install JUST the Runtime Texture folder OR the Daz Studio one if that holds the jpg or other texture image files. Load the cr2 open the Surfaces tab, apply the textures to the proper mat zones by hand to your liking. Save a new Mat file. This of course requires texture files in a image format to be doable.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

As noted, the CR2 is just a companion file to trigger the load of the .duf file in Poser and possibly to apply textures. There's no OBJ and no stand-alone Poser figure that can be used in older versions of Poser or DS.

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Thanks Rich.
    Again.... Crap!

-MJ

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did not look, for a Obj file yep, that would be very much be needed. Opps...