Asymmetry in Shaping the Genesis Head

Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I may have missed it, but in the hundreds of sliders in my copy of Studio, I have yet to find the one that allows me to elongate or compress a model's head. Not extreme elongation and compression, mind you, but just make the head shape a bit longer or sometimes make the head rounder or more "squat."

I can make the head bigger and smaller overall and add all sorts of details but can't seem to find a slider that lets me make it longer or compress it. Is this even possible, or is altering the dimension of the model's head asymmetrically not feasible without taking it into a sculpting program like ZBrush (which then may create issues with eyes and tongues and teeth, etc.)?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

To get a longer face I use Capsces morphs, like Morphus,
    http://www.daz3d.com/morphus
    there are ones to lengthen the head theres also one to flatten the head etc, I transfer them to Genesis or Genesis 2 using GenX

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,249
    edited December 1969

you could alter the x, y & z scales separately, or are you looking to alter specific portions of the head?

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited April 2014

If you are using Genesis 1 (EDIT: they are available for G2F and G2M too), Sickleyield's conversion for Genesis of the DieTrying morphs is well worth downloading. You'll find it on ShareCG. Face morphs include long, thin, wide, round, 'lower head small', 'chin short', and you can slim just the lower face with 'head shape cone'.

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

Jaw Height + Mouth Height + Nose Height + Eye Height.

• Fragg1960Fragg1960 Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestions (and I use Genesis One and Genesis Two). For some reason I have it stuck in my head that there were sliders for doing those things to the generation 4 figures. Probably just altering the x/y/z scales would do it although I will look up SickleYields conversion and the Morphus package (although as mentioned those would have to be transferred to Genesis using Gen X--which I also have)..