Where is Lip Sync in DAZ Studio 4.6 ?

justThornejustThorne Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hey, I was watching the Animate2 video about adding Lip Sync, but I can't find such a pane in my DAZ Studio 4.6.2.118 Pro (Mac 64 bit version). Should it be there, or is it known to have gone AWOL? I was all fired up to try it, lol!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,824
    edited December 1969

is only in 32 bit but you can have both installed and save scene to render in 64

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yep!! What Wendy said. Lip Sync is a 32bit plugin so only functions in the 32bit versions. I do as noted and use the 64bit version to render and or add other things to the scene once I have the Lip Sync done.

• justThornejustThorne Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's brilliant, thanks so much!

Should I worry about any issue of installing 32-bit after I've gotten embedded with the 64-bit version? Will they automatically remain two completely separate (in any way that matters) installations?

But thanks again, regardless. I am sooooooo glad not to hear "Windows Only" or anything like that. ;-)

edited December 1969

I have DS3A 32bit and 64Bit installed with DS4.6.2 32bit and 64Bit installed and will, on its release, also have the next DAZ Studio Beta in 32bit and 64bit all installed at once. There is no conflicts as far as I have seen. I do know that DS3A can not use the NEW file formats that DS4+ supports so it does not point to my DAZ Studio 4+ content folders. I can point my DS4+ to my DS3 content folders with no issues. I do that on my system because not all of the plugins I use are updated to work in DAZ Studio 4+ at this time.
    Installing both Bits 32 and 64 is safe, the 32 bit version will automatically use your 64bit layout and content folder(s) you will need to do nothing except install it.

• WAVEDELSHWAVEDELSH Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

Hey, I was watching the Animate2 video about adding Lip Sync, but I can't find such a pane in my DAZ Studio 4.6.2.118 Pro (Mac 64 bit version). Should it be there, or is it known to have gone AWOL? I was all fired up to try it, lol!

I known that Mimic live doesn't work on the Mac ...

edited December 1969

Okay, much progress now! I've got LipSync in the 32-bit version, and I've analyzed my sound, and numerous keyframes are added to the main Studio timeline. So now my head is moving around amiably with the voice, but the mouth isn't opening?

When I ran "Analyze," it told me that "No configuration file was found for the current figure. Do you want to browse for one or use the default?" Since I don't have any idea what I'd be browsing for, I used the default. So maybe that's caused my tight-lipped head-bobbing? If I'm using a Genesis 2 female (withOUT V6 installed, incidentally), what configuration file should I be looking for? Or where would I find a directory of options?

Sure would be awesome if one of you knows!

(Btw, one cool upside of installing the 32-bit version is that I can run two versions side-by-side. Does this mean I'd be able to start a render in one and then keep working (on another scene, of course) in another? Because that would be very cool and useful. But it's obviously a question of secondary importance to the immediate task at hand.)

edited April 2014

Okay, I've read some older forum threads and found my basic answer: LipSync doesn't work with Gen2 figures because no one has provided a .dmc file for them.

So whom do we harass to get one made? lol

It couldn't be that hard to do, could it?

Update: Okay, I'm actually IN the Genesis DCM file now, and it should be EASY for anyone who knew what they were doing to make a Genesis 2 version. Like, 5 minutes in, done, save, make available to all of us easy.

So whom do we harass to get one made?

Post edited by justThorne on
    edited December 1969

DAZ 3D?

edited December 1969

Well sure, but to whom there could we drop a note and say, "Hey man, could y'all spare five minutes to make V6 legit..?"

Cause after looking at the file and format, it clearly would be almost no work at all. Especially since no expects Lip Sync to work as well as Mimic.

edited December 1969

there in one
    it is under general in your library
    I made one myself earlier before Daz released it which is on sharecg

edited December 1969

Ding! We have a winner!!! Thank you soooooooo much!

• BlossomStudiosBlossomStudios Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

where do i find the plugin for lip sync

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,892
    edited December 1969

It's in the 32 bit version of DAZ Studio (which you can use alongside the 64 bit version).

• DeanpwDeanpw Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if 'Mimic Live' is just for live voice over syncing, or can you drop a file of a pre-recorded voice over into place too?

Thanks!

Dean

edited December 1969

In the 32 bit version, is it possible to import voice over files, like wav files that have been pre recorded?

edited December 1969

I think so, but I don't have it to test and can't recall how it was done (assuming I am right).

edited December 1969

Could anyone please tell me if there's a lip sync in Daz 4.7 32bit? I've downloaded it and have found an audio option, which doesn't work with wav files (voice overs.)

Maybe it's me, or is the audio tab not related to lip sync?

Any help would be great.

edited December 1969

Thanks anyway. I'll have a scout around as I've just downloaded it.

edited December 1969

Merged a couple of extra threads.

LipSync should be in 4.7 - it's part of the base install.

edited December 1969

this is an old thread but yes if you enable stereo mix on your soundcard microphone input you can use wav files with mimic live, I tend to get feedback though
    you can export genesis and G2M or F as a cr2 with geometry and use in mimic pro or even lite too and create pz2 files

edited December 1969

Thanks Richard, Wendy :)