iray in scene list

in the pre iray days when you loaded domes they listed in the scene list and you could have multiples and turn them on and off.
---
I'm doing a set of seasonal images, that I wanted from identical view points so I brought in all parts of Bend of the River .. all the seasons 
I rearranged them to the basic set with extra groups for the four seasons
but as far as I can tell there's no way to use 4 of dimension theorys skis of iradinence by putting one in each season file
and having it turn on and off with the season base. 
So even thought I have my four seasons easy to turn on and off with one icon..  
I still have to manually install the sky for each one (and of course the challenge of remembering which one I use with each season --- (okay I could make an empty group and assign the name to remember it)
But is there any way to get the hdr files listed in the scene file
And as long as I"m wishing... remember when you set up the domes and it showed the direction the light was coming from.. 
As far as I can tell there is no default light direction..  which leads to test renders as you rotate the dome. 

Comments

• The whole point of a dome is to provide all round lighting, thugh some might have an indicator showing where the sun was (if relevant).

The Iray dome is part of the render Settings - you could save presets for each in the project folder, and it might be possible to swap them out using a post-load proxy script (but I think getting thats et up would be more fiddle than just swapping the maps).

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,105
    edited April 2020

In general the sun does change position  and you can change the shadows by rotating the dome. 
    from the skies of iradiance ...  same dome 0, 90,180,270 degree dome rotation
    ---
    not only just turning them on and off from the scene file but also having the abilty to include data like the rotatation

---

BOTR base stick 0.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    BOTR base stick 90.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    BOTR base stick 180.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    BOTR base stick 270.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • I didn't say otherwise, just that not every HDR has a hot spot and so it doesn't universally make sense to have any kind of pointer. All the information you want can be in a Render preset, and you can exclude things you don't want changed in the options dialogue.