What's on your bookshelf?

Getting some cabin fever, so looking around, like at my oldest bookshelf stuff.  (See attached).  Its been a long, fun ride.

So to paraphrase Capital One, "What's On Your Bookshelf?"

GSK Bookshelf.jpg
2000 x 507 - 484K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Lots of hard drives and assorted computer parts, a stack of defunct laptops, disposable nitrile gloves, some medication.  Oh, and a few books.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

a stack of defunct laptops, 

Me, too. I mean, those were expensive ... 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

well, I have Buzz, Woody, sporky, Duke Caboom, Captain America, Ironman, Rex the dino  the Tuckerbox dog on his tuckerbox a London Taxi the Ashes Urn a signed mini cricket bat, photo equipmnet, hard drives and clocks... heaps of stuff but no books lol 

wacky hey!  wink

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Just in the process of reorganizing - the center bay of the den hardback shelves (5 high, 90 inches long, over 40 years old; and the SF paperbacks. The SF hardcover and oversize history are upstairs in the sitting room off the bedroom. (yeah - I know; but I've read ever book shown more than once laugh )

hardbacks.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 585K
    paperbacks.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 715K
    Steve K said:

a stack of defunct laptops, 

Me, too. I mean, those were expensive ... 

Obsolete computer gear - top shelf, left end in guest bedroom closet. 300 baud smart modem, Teac quad density dual sided 5.25 inch half height floppy drives, original 160 KB 5.25 inch full height floppy drive and other things I don't want to think about anymore.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2020
    namffuak said:

Just in the process of reorganizing - the center bay of the den hardback shelves (5 high, 90 inches long, over 40 years old; and the SF paperbacks. The SF hardcover and oversize history are upstairs in the sitting room off the bedroom. (yeah - I know; but I've read ever book shown more than once laugh )

I am so glad someone else has shelves which somewhat ressemble mine. I have half a dozen boxes of books packed ready to go to the chrity shop or Book Depository and still have more to sort out.   Don't have a relable coun but has to be well into 4 figures for the amount of books that are around at the moment.   The book shelf closest to the computer does also have a Plushy hedgehog, a small teddy bear  and a gargoyle sort of dragon who peers down at me as I work.  They sit on top of the books on top of the book shelf.  About 250+ books  (only a small bookshelf.that one)

gargoyle dragon.PNG
    158 x 159 - 40K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I got rid of thousands of books, sill have 3 crammed bookshelves

mostly Gardening, SciFi and Fantasy, some Philosophy and Mythology

and Blender for Dummies

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

5 large bookshelves & 2 half size bookshelves - Aviation, Military History, Plastic Modelling, Sci-Fi, Nature, & some Cooking books. Also have my old Engineering books stowed away in boxes.

Bunyip02 said:

5 large bookshelves & 2 half size bookshelves - Aviation, Military History, Plastic Modelling, Sci-Fi, Nature, & some Cooking books. Also have my old Engineering books stowed away in boxes.

I finally cleaned out my technical work-related collection last fall - computer software, design theory, communications design, software testing - about 8 feet of shelf space worth. Looks like I've another 4 feet worth to go.

• kboomkboom Posts: 9

I have a digital sketchpad,my computer external drive and my old Carrara 5 Pro Handbook by De La Flor..

Another shelf with video elements.

GSK Bookshelf Video.jpg
    2000 x 581 - 476K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

an avalanch of beanie boos  all those eyes staring at me cursing the caps lock key

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

My bookshelf is in storage in Washington, DC.  sad

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,404

@Diomede , that is very sad! I hope you get it back soon.

My bookshelf has art books. Lots of art books.

• Feathers, a bunch of colourful dyed feathers :-)

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,404

Feathers are great, if the feathers don't make you sneeze. But what do you do with so many feathers? (Admiral Ackbar thinks I should not ask this question.)

The NYTimes has an article "What Do Famous People’s Bookshelves Reveal?", showing the bookshelves behind people giving interviews from home.  In the comments, people are accusing them of putting up highbrow volumes to impress the audience.  If it was me, I'd have to make sure and hide my copy of ... nevermind.

blush

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_ good subjects _

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

a cat usually cheeky

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Currently reading "Imaginative Realism - by James Gurney", have his other book "Color and Light" to read next.

To follow that up is "Designing Creatures & Characters - by Marc Taro Holmes"