Hi! Can Some One Help Me With Anilip 2? Please, Thank You.

Hi, I have a question about Anilip 2, is it possible to put your lip sync animation in a different place in the timeline? What I mean is I have a scene that I'm doing that already has animation in there, When I apply a text to speech in anilip 2 and apply it, the problem is it starts immediately at the beginning of the timeline, without it resting to 30 frames. When I want it to start later when I'm ready for my character to start talking. Is this possible to place your lip animation at another position in the timeline. This is really hard to explain I hope you understand... Please get back to me soon as possible, thank you.. Bless..

Comments

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,902

It is possible! Go into keymate and at the bottom, make sure that hidden is checked so you can actually see the keyframes. Then under transform (I believe, just look under the top directory under the character name and it should be there, my PC is rendering so I can't look and verify) but find visimes and then keep opening up the directories until you find all the mouth movements, then you can drag the mouse over all of them and move them wherever you'd like. 

Now, the one caveat to this I've found is that for whatever reason, certain keyframes after moving, then bring the percentage up to about 400% in the transform tab. So what I do is I get the characters set up that I know I'll be using for the shots and make a base character save with all the parameters of the visimes (like ah, o, etc) set to a max of 100%, or even lower since I usually lower the percentages in Anilip to about 60% anyways because I think the default is too big, and then when you play it back, none of the keyframes will go above whatever you set the max at and you'll be good to go! 

• It is possible! Go into keymate and at the bottom, make sure that hidden is checked so you can actually see the keyframes. Then under transform (I believe, just look under the top directory under the character name and it should be there, my PC is rendering so I can't look and verify) but find visimes and then keep opening up the directories until you find all the mouth movements, then you can drag the mouse over all of them and move them wherever you'd like. 

Now, the one caveat to this I've found is that for whatever reason, certain keyframes after moving, then bring the percentage up to about 400% in the transform tab. So what I do is I get the characters set up that I know I'll be using for the shots and make a base character save with all the parameters of the visimes (like ah, o, etc) set to a max of 100%, or even lower since I usually lower the percentages in Anilip to about 60% anyways because I think the default is too big, and then when you play it back, none of the keyframes will go above whatever you set the max at and you'll be good to go! 

Hey thank you so much Bennie. I really appreciate that 1,000

Of course! I had to figure all this out over the summer as I couldn't find much info on anything, so I'm happy to spread any knowledge I have now :) If you have any questions,  let me know and I'll see if I can help more! 

• Of course! I had to figure all this out over the summer as I couldn't find much info on anything, so I'm happy to spread any knowledge I have now :) If you have any questions,  let me know and I'll see if I can help more! 

Hey bennie I can't find the option Hidden in keymate. Trying out your advice now, but I don't see the option..

• DobitDobit Posts: 181

In fact, you are not the only one who wants to start his dialog somewhere else on the timeline. There are several ways to do this. The simplest is to record the dialog for the figure in a separate project and then save it as a “pose preset” (File/Save as/Pose Preset). See the attached image for the properties you need to check.The pose preset can then be loaded for the figure at any point on the timeline. It is exactly like choosing a body position for your figure/animation.

Your suggestion has reached us and we will pay more attention to the requirements of dialogue creation in a next version. But for now you should be able to work the way described.

Please let us know, if you have any issues with that. We are always happy to help.

Anilip 2 Pose Preset.png
    621 x 756 - 42K
    edited April 2020

Of course! I had to figure all this out over the summer as I couldn't find much info on anything, so I'm happy to spread any knowledge I have now :) If you have any questions,  let me know and I'll see if I can help more! 

Hey bennie I can't find the option Hidden in keymate. Trying out your advice now, but I don't see the option..

Hey! Okay, so I took some pictures for you to help guide you! The first two pictures show where the hidden thing is on the timeline. Then just go to the character and open up the properties tree. Then it's General, and then it should be under Pose Controls. 

I also took some pictures to show what I was talking about with the 400% thing after you move the keyframes. I'm taking these with my iMac, so I can't use Anilip 2 to show you (my PC is baking something for Blender right now), these might be the right visimes or they might not, but you'll know what the right ones are once you have stuff on your timeline. Then when you go in the gear shift option thing, you'll see that the max will be set at 400%, bring that down to 100, or like I said, I bring it down to 60% and then nothing will go above that threshold. 

Hope this helps! 

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.22.56 PM.png
    1530 x 190 - 21K
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.23.10 PM.png
    1988 x 386 - 92K
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.22.51 PM.png
    446 x 860 - 133K
    Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 3.22.44 PM.png
    650 x 788 - 102K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Of course! I had to figure all this out over the summer as I couldn't find much info on anything, so I'm happy to spread any knowledge I have now :) If you have any questions,  let me know and I'll see if I can help more! 

Hey! Okay, so I took some pictures for you to help guide you! The first two pictures show where the hidden thing is on the timeline. Then just go to the character and open up the properties tree. Then it's General, and then it should be under Pose Controls. 

I also took some pictures to show what I was talking about with the 400% thing after you move the keyframes. I'm taking these with my iMac, so I can't use Anilip 2 to show you (my PC is baking something for Blender right now), these might be the right visimes or they might not, but you'll know what the right ones are once you have stuff on your timeline. Then when you go in the gear shift option thing, you'll see that the max will be set at 400%, bring that down to 100, or like I said, I bring it down to 60% and then nothing will go above that threshold. 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you so much. Your so awesome! Thanks for the help.. Bless.

You're very welcome, please let me know if it worked for you! 

• You're very welcome, please let me know if it worked for you! 

I found that in keymate you can find and drag the lip animations over to another place in the timeline. Which was so easy to do. Its a acouple different was to do it. Your way works to, and as Dobit said above you can also do it as a pose preset. I think there maybe a few other ways. Keymate was the easiest for me.

Awesome, I'm so glad to hear that you got it to work! Good luck with your project! 

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Just came across this thread, thanks so much for the information here!  I couldn't see Anilip in the timeline and found nothing in the documentation to indicate how I would see it. 

• nookie45nookie45 Posts: 13

how does this work in 2023? There's no keymate and i cant drag my mouse over the keyframes and just move them further.