Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

That's quite the spin...

Entry #6 is in the thread!

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

"Going Rogue"

The game is ready, the props are set up, the players are grabbing their snacks, and the characters are.... escaping!
    It the midst of a spirited round these two little characters are making a daring escape attempt from the game. Using an arrow, they've pried their little feet free from the glue that holds them to their bases - and now they're free in the world! They may only be two inches tall but they've got big dreams and awesome skills - he shoots tiny arrows, she picks tiny locks... so long as they can avoid being eaten by a cat, these two should be unstoppable.

Rendered in Daz Studio 4.6
    Postwork in Photoshop CS3

Going_Rogue.jpg
    1129 x 715 - 692K
    edited December 1969

Going Rogue? I thought they were already Rogues... :cheese:

And that's entry #7 - I'm going to have fun judging all these!

• hawkonthewinghawkonthewing Posts: 136
    edited December 1969

Rendered in DAZ 4.6 pro, postwork in photoshop to combine layers (I rendered the lights individually and the background and foreground separately) Took me a while to get this done. So this is actually pretty close to my old gaming group likeness wise, and this is just the sort of trap that GM would have come up with.

"You walk into the tavern, and you feel something strange. You look around, and the only people in the place are a strange man sitting a the head of one of the tables, and a minstrel in the corner. The minstrel has a wicked grin on her face. The man stands and gestures to the table in front of him. 'Welcome to my domain! It has been quite some time since we have had visitors...and in order to get out of here alive, you will need to indulge me in a little game. I call this 'Skyscrapers and Shady Deals'..."

Skyscrapers_and_Shady_Deals_.jpg
    986 x 554 - 447K
    edited December 1969

I see the attention to detail - if I'm not mistaken, those skyscrapers are in the correct positions on that map.

We have entry #8!

edited December 1969

I see the attention to detail - if I'm not mistaken, those skyscrapers are in the correct positions on that map.

I can't guarantee they're perfect, but I sure was trying! Wow, glad you noticed! :lol:

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

I meant to finish this on Sunday, but that's the problem with plans - RL sometimes interferes.
    I have had characters who basically decide to do something other than what I had planned on them doing. This is what gave me the following visual interpretation.

I'm calling thins Opposing Opinions. Rendered in Studio Pro 4.6 - no postwork.

Opposite_Opnions.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Yeah - play the characters in character, and they do things you'd never expect.

Entry #9...

edited December 1969

I love it when a scene comes together and plays nicely.

Nearly every group I have ever played with that played in a persons house, had at least one person with a cat. Even now there are 3 cat owners whose houses we play at. Sometimes it is more fun watching the cats than the battles.

Title: Cats Wanna Play Too
    rendered in Studio 4.6 - no postwork

Cats_wanna_play_too.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

And yes, I did cheat a bit in the set-up, starting with the scene from Opposing Opinions

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    And yes, I did cheat a bit in the set-up, starting with the scene from Opposing Opinions
    So both scenes are in the same room...

Entry #10 received.

And we're roughly 17 hours from closing time for this contest as I post this, if I've done the time conversion correctly.

edited December 1969

With four-and-a-half hours to go before the deadline... I'm turning off the computer for the night. See you tomorrow morning.

edited December 1969

Good morning! Time to announce the winners (who I've already contacted via PM).

This wasn't an easy one to judge, given all the different spins on the idea. And I didn't have eight prizes to give away, so some deserving images aren't on this list.

Third place goes to the illustration of characters acting in ways the players didn't expect, Zelroth's "Opposite Opinons."

Second-place goes to the setting-reversal illustration, hawkonthewing's "Skyscrapers and Shady Deals."

And first prize goes to the picture of the characters completely breaking free, MegonNoel's "Going Rogue."

Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who took part!

032-MegonNoel_-_Going_Rogue.jpg
    1129 x 715 - 692K
    034-hawkonthewing_-_Skyscrapers_and_Shady_Deals_.jpg
    986 x 554 - 447K
    037-Zelroth_-_Opposite_Opnions.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Thank you!. I had fun creating my renders. I really enjoyed seeing the wonderful renders that everyone did.

Congratulations MegonNoel and hawkonthewing! Well deserved!

• lv426lv426 Posts: 42
    edited December 1969

Congrats everyone.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Why do I miss all fun contests??

This would have been a perfect entry!

d4-pw.jpg
    1240 x 1200 - 390K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

And congrats to the winners, was a laugh to look through the entries!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, and good work to all who entered!

• MegonNoelMegonNoel Posts: 377
    edited December 1969

Wow! Thank you so much! This contest was a lot of fun - I really loved the theme :-)
    Congrats to hawkonthewing - beautifully done, I love the details in this one!
    And congrats to Zelroth - I loved each of your takes on the theme, they were all clever and fun!

edited December 1969

Thank you so much! I had no idea it was going to turn into such a big project when I started. I just had the thought "Hey, I wonder if I can make genesis look like my old GM..." and once that worked, it turned in to a stroll through a trap-laden dungeon hallway just like in the old days! It was a ton of fun to make. Everyone had some great entries, and congrats to Zelroth and MegonNoel!

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners. Had fun with this.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Due to deadly weather in my area I missed the end of the contest and am just now getting caught back up.
    Everyone that was Involved please PM me info that I will need. I think I have heard from a person but I wish to follow up before I move ahead with prizes and such. Thank you.

Well done one and All.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Due to deadly weather in my area I missed the end of the contest and am just now getting caught back up.
    Everyone that was Involved please PM me info that I will need. I think I have heard from a person but I wish to follow up before I move ahead with prizes and such. Thank you.

Well done one and All.
    I thought you were only giving one GC to this contest - I've already sent the prizes to everyone else.
    edited December 1969

That is Fine I just needed to check what I was supposed to do. I now know. All will be taken care of soon, now that I'm almost human again.
    The Weather thing was very stressful and I slept very little for many days.

edited December 1969

Prizes for all four Different contests are now sent. If you played in a contest I sponsored last month check for a new PM.