well [bother] Carrara has lost all my preferences and wizards

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
edited April 2020 in Carrara Discussion

for some peculiar reason Carrara public build which I have the Octane plugin on has totally reset

all my preferences and wizards are gone

I am not happy

can manually add everything again I guess but like [What on Earth]?????

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812

the release build has too but at least it loads my default wizards

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078

That really sucks.  I installed some Windows and driver updates and rebooted my machine.  Nothing similar yet.  My Carrara 8.5 has been very buggy since late-March.  I thought it might have been some sort of update outside of carrara.  Havent lost presets, though.

Diomede said:

That really sucks.  I installed some Windows and driver updates and rebooted my machine.  Nothing similar yet.  My Carrara 8.5 has been very buggy since late-March.  I thought it might have been some sort of update outside of carrara.  Havent lost presets, though.

oh mine did your UI bugs yesterday too!!!!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,556

@Wendy You are not having the fun! sad I hope all that improves!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wizards paths are in a text file.

mebbe a folder accidentally was moved?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800

easy fix, just replace with your backup copy of your prefs file

you did make a backup didn't you?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,800
    Diomede said:

I'm getting a few more hangups than usual since the latest updates... so I am now running Carrara in compatability mode for windows 7 and it seems more stable. cool

edited April 2020
    Mystiarra said:

wizards paths are in a text file.

mebbe a folder accidentally was moved?

I share wizards so they were manually added to my beta build like any folders

my preferences got reset on both builds so only default loads and of course was imperial too angry

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Wendy, if you have a backup of pre-disaster software settings, you should be able to reload preferences.txt from the backup. The preferences file is in ../appdata/roaming/DAZ 3D/Carrara 8.5/preferences.txt for your user directory. Right on top, where it's so easy to find. >_>

Torquinox said:

Wendy, if you have a backup of pre-disaster software settings, you should be able to reload preferences.txt from the backup. The preferences file is in ../appdata/roaming/DAZ 3D/Carrara 8.5/preferences.txt for your user directory. Right on top, where it's so easy to find. >_>

LOL if I had backups would have looked into that

but

I still have not set up backups for this computer blush

Sorry to hear that, Wendy. I feel your pain on that! sad

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

wizards r us

whatever happened to the bald wizard club?