What is going on 3Delight message #13

Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm in the middle of a large animation and there a huge black area appearing. What is causing this?
I just made a primitive plane in DAZ it's got 2 default distant light. at the start the plane renders fine but then you go
further along it start to disappear for not reason at all, there's an error poping up

3Delight message #13 (Severity 1): R2054: primitive (or parts of) ‘’ discarded during eye-split

Only thing I can think of is the there is a limit from the center that objects start cutting out but if that was the case the other one would two.
This really annoying as I'm trying to get some promo video done.

end.jpg
1380 x 1080 - 646K
Start.jpg
1380 x 1080 - 638K

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Hmm digging around the 3Delight forum
    here's a quote

The easiest thing to move the camera - usually this is not an option. The other things to do are move the near clipping plane as far forwards as you can. Also splitting up the geometry near the camera can help. It might be worth fading the displacement off as you get nearer the camera too. Can you get any of the displacement into the geometry? Then the displacement will be less extreme which will help.

The clipping plane sounds like the problem, but where do the change the clipping plane settings?

Camera.jpg
    1008 x 770 - 351K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,859
    edited December 1969

As far as I am aware that's not a user setting in DS. I think this post http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/417869/ is suggesting that high shadow softness may be a contributory factor.

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Thanks Richard I found what it, it was the plane object it's was at a scale way too big for the clipping plane so all I have to do was scale it down to a reasonable size and the clipped area went away.
    So this may help someone else who come across the same problem !