Change background color in render

itybtsitybts Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

The guide suggests there is an arrow to the right of the camera to click and get a drop down menu to change the background color. But, there is not. So, I tried edit dropdown, nothing there either. I cant find a background color changer anywhere. Why, oh why isnt it easily found? Something so important, lol.

Preferences didnt help either. thanks in advance. I need a white background in redered pic, to cut out.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,413
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you ar clicking in the right place - the option menu is the triangle with lines, representing menu options.

ViewportOptionMenu.JPG
    695 x 316 - 37K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 1969

Do you need a white background, or a transparent one? (Export as a png- so I've heard, but I haven't tried it yet.) :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I only export as PNG unless I'm rendering a whole environment scene, and then I export to JPG.

I do a lot of portrait type renders, so often do the backgrounds as post work in Phoshop.

• itybtsitybts Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your help. Im sorry, i forgot i posted here. I cannot remember how i finally fixed this.

Either a transparent or white solid back ground was what I needed, so I could remove the white before printing the image out.