Congrats! I shall download soon yes

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154

Very good Wolf.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837

Wow! Great to see, how masters works.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Artini said:

Wow! Great to see, how masters works.

Yes I agree. Eager to see once download finishes.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    Thanks all !!! few notes... I had to export it fom Davinci resolve at a relatively low Bit rate( 2500kbs) to get the bloody thing under 2 gigs so some shots with a lot of glow effects & motion go quite "soft...." I advise using the free VLC 3 player with Denoising activated..... My initial 5 gig!! export at 10000KBS looks great... on my machine however I personally consider it RUDE to expect average people to commit to a download over 1-2 gigs. ...............Also this project began six years ago(2014) BEFORE I migrated to DS/Genesis and BEFORE I had any viable content modeling skills so the first ten minutes or so ,with Poser6 and C4D only, look quite "different" from the rest of the film ..so keep that in my mind. Cheers
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

So there's nothing "native" that converts/renders/exports to MP4?

There must be something. Maybe the process should be a conversion from the 5Gig to something smaller with the 'same' quality.

That must be possible - unless we're talking about the new 4K and such formats.

I rememebr watching the last movie and it was the same deal with downloading first.

Also, can Vimeo be a solution with semi-private links for hosting?

How long is the final movie?

Do I need to see the previous one to understand this one?

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Wow! An impressive amount of work went into this (at least from my perspective of spending forever to get 30 seconds of animation). :)

So there's nothing "native" that converts/renders/exports to MP4?

There must be something. Maybe the process should be a conversion from the 5Gig to something smaller with the 'same' quality.

That must be possible - unless we're talking about the new 4K and such formats.

I rememebr watching the last movie and it was the same deal with downloading first.

Also, can Vimeo be a solution with semi-private links for hosting?

How long is the final movie?

Do I need to see the previous one to understand this one?

There is no previous full length movie from me. ...this movie is 93 minutes. As an MP4. The bitrate determines the file size and visual clarity... A matroska container(MKV) can help but bitrate is like a "law of physics"...no way around it.
    Toonces said:

Wow! An impressive amount of work went into this (at least from my perspective of spending forever to get 30 seconds of animation). :)

Thanks!!!
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

There is no previous full length movie from me. ...this movie is 93 minutes. 

WAIT_A_MINNIT!!!!!

So what was that other movie? - was that the first part of this movie???????

So the other one was unfinished and THIS is the final version?

No way.

Every Galactus related clip from the last five years was just that... A 2-5 minutes snip of a feature length movie... This is this the entire movie.. 95 percent never seen anywhere until today.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

I will grab it and look at it soon, PC busy at the moment rendering its heart out with 6 hours to go blush

Yes I enjoyed your previous longer clip but did not realise was much more coming yes

My " frame budget " was 7 minutes per frame in C4D R11old AR3 raytracer.. ..there is 167,400 frames in this film.... A little over 2 years actual render time.. The other 4 years was animating, test rendering. Scene set up, Compositing vfx color grading ,video edit etc.
    For comparison my new EEVEE based pipeline will render in near real-time. This teaser video for my planned weekly web series was produced with about an hour of work from the Iclone animation/Alembic export to Blender EEVEE to assembly in Davinci Resolve 16.
  • Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

Just dl'd and watched the first 5 minutes (will have to watch the rest later as work beckons) - nice work yes - how long has it taken you to put the whole movie together? (Epic undertaking by the way)

Six years
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,562

That is impressive, Wolf! And ambitious. Well done!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Congratulations! Your perseverance is inspiring.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Amazing! Congrats and total admiration for your endurance and attention to detail!

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

A 93 minute animated movie! That's incredible! I will check it out tomorrow.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Willl this be posted to Youtube?

Torquinox said:

That is impressive, Wolf! And ambitious. Well done!

Thanks all!
  • Lovely, thank you for posting it where you did.

For those concerned, clicking on the link does not start the download. It can be viewed in the browser.

• his xhis x Posts: 866

wolf359 said:
    Six years

This shows both will and focus. These give you power. Hats off.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    You could have saved yourself a year shortening up the intro credits. I was ready to click out and abort after two minutes of drudgery. After that it's impressive.
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

My biggest project took me 7 months and allmost drove me crazy. So salute and hats off for your project.

Respect and congratulation.

Lovely, thank you for posting it where you did.

For those concerned, clicking on the link does not start the download. It can be viewed in the browser.

Thanks for that reminder!!
    mwokee said:
    You could have saved yourself a year shortening up the intro credits. I was ready to click out and abort after two minutes of drudgery. After that it's impressive.

LOL!!! A year for a tex crawl... but then people would not know where to check my source material.... It's A massive story Arch with many branches... My film only covered about three percent of it.
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Congratulations!! I've been watching your progress over the years and you have amazing perseverance. I'll definitely watch as time allows, thanks for sharing.