16 oder 32 BIT in Iray

How can I set 16 or 32 BIT in Iray?
Thanks a lot

Comments

• You mean bits per channel in renders? Plain renders ar always 8 bts per channel, you can however use a Beauty Pass Canvas (Advanced tab of render Settings) to save an .exr file in a sub-folder (rendername_Canvasses) which will give a high bit-depth image.

• You mean bits per channel in renders? Plain renders ar always 8 bts per channel, you can however use a Beauty Pass Canvas (Advanced tab of render Settings) to save an .exr file in a sub-folder (rendername_Canvasses) which will give a high bit-depth image.

Hello Mr. Haseltine and other DAZ friends,
    Yes, I mean 16 bits per channel. The results of my renderings are all 8 BITs per channel. I work with Mac Pro, maybe I have to do something else, but I don't know what.
    I rendered an image and the result was: Main image was 8 BIT per channel and EXR image was an alpha channel and 32 BITs per channel. I have the graphics card "AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB" and processor "3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5"
    Thanks a lot
    REZA from Berlin

Adeline Iray 8+32 BITs Test 1-Canvas1-Beauty.jpg
    800 x 800 - 204K
  • Yes, as I said the main render is always 8 bits per channel so you will need to use the .exr and convert it to 16 bits per channel.

• Yes, as I said the main render is always 8 bits per channel so you will need to use the .exr and convert it to 16 bits per channel.

Thank you very much Haseltine,
    it would be very kind if you told me how I can use EXR file to convert to 16 bits per channel.
    I would be very happy if you helped me further.
    Reza from Berlin

fotocomposing-reza.com

3ddesign-reza.com

• You would open it in your preferred image editor, make the basic tonal adjustments, and convert it (somethign like Image>Mode>16 bit, perhaps).