Viewport vs. Render

I must be missing something when I set up a scene and render it.  For me the lighting is hit or miss.  In the example, notice the back of her left arm is shaded while in the render, it is highlighted.

Any suggestions, tutorials?

Becky

litedif.jpg
1102 x 603 - 375K

Comments

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited April 2020

your viewport is in texture shaded mode. you render is probably in Iray. If possible you can set your viewport to Iray mode.

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • BHawkBHawk Posts: 59

You are right, I probably do.  Thank you!!

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    edited April 2020

Most of the light you are seeing is probably coming from an HDR image in the Iray settings. If you only want to use the lights you created in your scene, there is an option to only use scene lights without the dome light.

Post edited by Quasar on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Actually it looks as if you are rendering from the Perspective View - this will have a headlamp which will light unexpected parts. Try adding a camera (set headlamp off) and use that to render through.

• ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138
    edited April 2020

Do not render using the default perspective view. 

Click Create -> New Camera  -> Select Apply Active Viewport Transforms

Change the persective view to the new camera you created and position it to where you want. Then in the camera settings tab, select your camera, and set the focal distance to line up with the object you are trying to render. What I usually do is go back to the persepective view so you can see the focal distance marker move as you tune from your camera to the object. 

Also while in the camera setings, there is another section called Headlamp. Turn this off. Otherwise it looks like you have a bright flashlight in your scene.

Also if you are new to DAZ, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Interface Tab

Per Pixel Shading: On

Display Optimization: Best

This will make previewing your scene look and run much smoother.

Capture.PNG
    552 x 356 - 154K
    camera.PNG
    706 x 397 - 44K
    Camera2.png
    2995 x 1642 - 317K
    Post edited by ArgleSW on
  • ArgleSWArgleSW Posts: 138
    edited April 2020

deleted

Post edited by ArgleSW on