[Released] dForce Oso Textured Hair for Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Very excited about this new bundle!

A variety of styles around a new textured hair. The hair is on a skullcap that is designed for Genesis 8 Female, but with autofit you can potentially autofit it to many other figures!

The hairstyles that drape down require Simulation. My recommendation is to change simulation settings so it does not move from default pose. Some of the up styles don't need Simulation.

My approach to dForce hair used here relies a lot on maps to define and control the shape. This gives you a lot of freedom to make the hairs more or less numerous, scale them, or tweak them in many other ways. Experiment!

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672
    edited April 2020

I'm very excited too! I bought the bundle this morning. But I've got to upgrade Studio so I can use dForce hair now. Thanks for making it. I was hoping for a hairstyle with that texture but with length at the back and no center part. Maybe I can learn how to adjust the maps to get that.

Post edited by xyer0 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,885

The main product might have a style along those lines, like:

You can always play with overall scale and increase/decrease the 'PS Reduce Length Amount'. The image and value of this is, essentially, 'clipping' the hair in various ways and amounts; you can experiment with changing the image map to a different option, or tinker with your own (but maybe save a copy separately before you start experimenting with it).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

Haven't used it yet, but I bought the bundle with great haste because I always appreciate well-made products that increase the diversity of options in DS.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,672

Thanks for the tips, Mr. Will. I'll try them out as soon as I get settled in 4.12. I'm going for this kind of style, but shorter also can:

The Source |Why Does America Have A Problem With Zazie Beetz As ...

Zazie Beetz - 9GAG

• joneienleahjoneienleah Posts: 27
    xyer0 said:

I'm very excited too! I bought the bundle this morning. But I've got to upgrade Studio so I can use dForce hair now. Thanks for making it. I was hoping for a hairstyle with that texture but with length at the back and no center part. Maybe I can learn how to adjust the maps to get that.

I was wondering what Character or morphs were used for the model for this product? I can't find her anywhere on Daz and there was no credit in the listing for where she came from. I love her look and would like to recreate it. Thanks.

It's Babina with Kala skin, and then a bunch of tweaks (adding nose flesh and so on).

• towdow3towdow3 Posts: 83

ok so i got the look like in the demo images ONCE, now the hair is stringy and there is ZERO texture. what am i doing wrong?

Sending you a DM...

• towdow3towdow3 Posts: 83
    Oso3D said:

Sending you a DM...

consider this solved LOL i think the scene i was using is bad or something.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,956
    edited August 2020

I got this when it came out, then a bunch of stuff happened and I didn't do anything in Studio for months, so I only just got around to trying this out. Love the effect, and it both simulates and renders faster than I expected (based on my previous attempts using strand based hair.

I tried to get something similar to the examples of Zazie above, started with the big natural and changed some settings to what was used in the loose volume dreadlocks. Not all the way there, but definitely moving in a direction!

I may have some questions for your thoughts/advice about settings as I try more styles, but just wanted to drop a note to say I love the look and the options included in this set!

textured_hair_02_20200812.png
    900 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by AlmightyQUEST on
  • TsubaTsuba Posts: 78

Oso3D said:

Sending you a DM...

I'd love to know what was in that DM, lol, coz I've been getting the same stringy stuff at my first tries, and then just a rendering error I've actually never seen before.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 466
    edited November 2021

Oso3D,

Hello.  I bought your dForce Textured Hair for G8F yesterday.  I installed it this afternoon and opened it in Daz Studio (4.15).  Should I be able to see the hair product in close to its actual state in the preview window or only when I render.  At present, I cannot see it in the preview window except when the dForce simulation is running.  Attached is a capture of my preview window and a quick render.

Thanks.

Textured Hair in preview window.jpg
    755 x 827 - 51K
    Textured Hair render.jpg
    755 x 604 - 145K
    Post edited by jjoyner on

You should not. Many hairs are set this way to not drag your computer out back and knife it a bunch of times when trying to set up a scene.

If you want it to show in viewport, go to the hair object: Parameters/Simulation/Preview PR Hairs and set it On.

I... don't recommend it! :)

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 466

Oso3D said:

You should not. Many hairs are set this way to not drag your computer out back and knife it a bunch of times when trying to set up a scene.

If you want it to show in viewport, go to the hair object: Parameters/Simulation/Preview PR Hairs and set it On.

I... don't recommend it! :)

OK.  Thanks much.  Knowing is always better than guessing.