Install manager crashes on log-in

This discussion was created from comments split from: A valid PostgreSQL CMS Connection could not be established..

Comments

• When I am trying to login to install manager the application is crashing and exiting automatically on clicking login. When I checkin work offline it's fine but I cannot open/click on ready to download tab at all. Any one help me with this, I installed, uninstalled it several times but the same behaviour.

• Split into its own thread as it is about Install Manager, not DS and PostgreSQL.

What security software are you uisng? What are your system specifications?

• Same issue here, happens with both install manager and DAZ Studio if I try to login - Microsoft Surface Pro 7, i7 processor and 16G of RAM. No additional security software other than Microsoft suppiled SW and I open Firewall to both apps

• metalslug667metalslug667 Posts: 4
    edited July 2020

same for me, nice that this has never been solved after spending a few 100$ on this software []

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • same for me, nice that this has never been solved after spending a few 100$ on this software []

But for most people it works. It's possible that there is a bug that shows only in certain situations, but it's also possible that there is some other issue/conflict involved and that the Daz tool is blameless. Wha plaform are you running under? What security software are you using?

edited July 2020

only windows defender, if you know of any issues with a certain OS just name it. i run a fresh install of the newest windows 10 64bit, login in daz central works, it only fails to download the female genesis 3 model which i bought most of the assets for, thats the other unresolved problem i found on thes forum that 'most people dont have'. and the manual download and install for that package is disabled, great. btw the connect link in studio also crashes it

Post edited by metalslug667 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

only windows defender, if you know of any issues with a certain OS just name it. i run a fresh install of the newest windows 10 64bit, login in daz central works, it only fails to download the female genesis 3 model which i bought most of the assets for, thats the other unresolved problem i found on thes forum that 'most people dont have'. and the manual download and install for that package is disabled, great. btw the connect link in studio also crashes it

What makes you say manual download and install is disabled?

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_21630

edited July 2020

thats nice, thanks i will try that right now and report if that solves the gen3 female problem. i was referring to this link: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-starter-essentials

Post edited by metalslug667 on
  • @Fixmypc thanks, that downloadlink did it. so are there any relevant downsides from running studio in offline mode when content management works in daz central?

@Fixmypc thanks, that downloadlink did it. so are there any relevant downsides from running studio in offline mode when content management works in daz central?

Not that I know of.  I never log in from within DS.  If you don't use Connect there's no need to.

As for OS-related issues, both MacOSX Catalina and recent Windows 10 updates have restricted permissions on files and folders for security, which causes problems for lots of programs.

• I am having the same problem, same system, new install of windows 10, 16gm ram, i7 processor....

What do I do, was this resolved? Do I need to go into windows to allow certain folders? I can't even log in, I'd gotten Install Manager after Daz Central kept crashing hoping this was away around it, but I can't even log in.

I need to do some small animations for a work project and it is important to get this software running. Has anyone been able to fix it or find a workaround?

• Same problem here... DIM crashes upon login... any solution yet? A new laptop with Win10/ i7 + RTX3060... I'm using only windows defender.