Forsaken Keep and Construction Set

Michael L RogersMichael L Rogers Posts: 141
edited March 2020 in Product Suggestions

I just bought the "Forsaken Keep and Construction Set". When my eyes caught wind of it this morning on it's first day for purchased, I totally flipped with joy. After I bought it, I was so disappoint that considering the price and it being a "Kit", that the doors do not open to make it really feel like you are in total control. Heartbreaking, because it's not that difficult to do.

Dispite this one thing though, I would still encourage anyone to buy it. In every other way, it is stunning and exciting to work with.

Possibly DzFire could consider making a special add-on for this kit that would allow all doors to be opened so objects and characters could play through. It would be worth paying for.

Other than that, this is one of the best Medieval/ Castle kits Daz has ever offered. And it does come with the wonderful lit torches and windows. Fun, fun fun!

Post edited by Michael L Rogers on

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

I'd like an alternate texture set with less "foresaken" and more normal looking medieval textures. I'd buy that without hesitation. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

I'd like an alternate texture set with less "foresaken" and more normal looking medieval textures. I'd buy that without hesitation. 

Cheers,

Alex.

I don't know about the mapping for sure, but you could probably apply a tiling stone block texture to the walls and a different wood texture to the wooden parts.

• Well, at least I did get a cool image out of it and it is fun to work with over all.

Evening Watch: Theif Get Away!.jpg
    3150 x 1772 - 5M
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

Cheers,

Alex.

I don't know about the mapping for sure, but you could probably apply a tiling stone block texture to the walls and a different wood texture to the wooden parts.

My budget's blown for the next couple of weeks or so so this is going to stay on my wishlist for the time being. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• Lol, you are so awesome Alex. Thank you for the encourament.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Although there's a list of elements, I can't identify which items if any are pieces of buildings (walls, a roof section, etc.) vs entire buildings.  Are there any, and if so would somebody who purchased it be willing to just make a quick rough screenshot of any wooden building parts that are construction elements, or of content library thumnails that show them?  I'm trying to determine what sorts of dramatically different other wooden buildings I might be able to contstruct out of the kit, or if it will only be the existing complete buildings I see in the promo renders.  Thanks!

This looks very nice!

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,238

There is also a Forsaken Village and Construction Set which might have been used in some of the promos. Anyway, here is a screenshot of the Content Library for each one (all parts are props)

Forsaken Keep_assets.jpg
    1268 x 690 - 239K
    Forsaken Village_assets.jpg
    1267 x 409 - 149K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited December 2021

the reason the doors cannot be made to open or windows looked into is because they are "stuck on"

it's meant as a background scene you can always add hero buildings like the Timber framed houses

or Fantasy structures  and other buildings by https://www.daz3d.com/enterables which fit a similar style 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on