Question about converting a skin?

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
edited December 1969 in New Users

I bought a v4 skin in a pack at another store. The male skin works fine, but the female skin shows up silver instead of skin-toned.

I have read the product reviews from another daz user who states that this item is saved in a poser format and must be converted using texture converter 2. Unfortunately, that program is expensive.

Is there any way to convert this skin for use in Daz? This is the first time I've ever had problems with a 3rd party skin not displaying before, and I honestly don't want to buy more stuff just to get it to work...

I wrote the vendor, to check, and genuinely, this is my fault for buying a skin not specifically daz compatible, so not their fault. Anyway, thought I'd ask...

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Try this Load a V4 with a skin that looks right, Load a second V4 and use the OFF skin. Under surfaces Check the settings for the Good skin, then set the Off skin to those settings. When you get it looking good Save the texture as a Materal preset.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Try this Load a V4 with a skin that looks right, Load a second V4 and use the OFF skin. Under surfaces Check the settings for the Good skin, then set the Off skin to those settings. When you get it looking good Save the texture as a Materal preset.

Thanks! I'll try this!