[Released] Ceres the dwarf planet [commercial]

AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
edited March 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

The dwarf planet Ceres, from the NASA Dawn mission mappings.

Three resolutions. In medium and high resolution there are actual geometry in details. 

In additon, there are six very-high-resolution regions (like the Occator crater, the Ahuna Mons, etc.)

Daz Studio versions (Iray and 3Deligh) and Carrara version.

Soon to be released!

Post edited by Alberto on

Comments

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Oooh, excellent! I wasn't sure if you'd carry on with the astronomical theme.

What's next, 4 Vesta? 433 Eros? Comet 67P? (I'm not going to try — and fail horribly — to spell the full name.) They're all such interesting shapes; Vesta was probably round until a couple of very large impacts a very very long time ago, Eros is sort of bananana shaped, and 67P is well-known as "the rubber duck".

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

Oooh, excellent! I wasn't sure if you'd carry on with the astronomical theme.

What's next, 4 Vesta? 433 Eros? Comet 67P? (I'm not going to try — and fail horribly — to spell the full name.) They're all such interesting shapes; Vesta was probably round until a couple of very large impacts a very very long time ago, Eros is sort of bananana shaped, and 67P is well-known as "the rubber duck".

Thank you!

Still not sure what will be the next one, but I'm thinking in working on Vesta.

By the way, another interesting shape is that of MU69, the "snowman", in Kuiper Belt.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Alberto said:
    Still not sure what will be the next one, but I'm thinking in working on Vesta.

By the way, another interesting shape is that of MU69, the "snowman", in Kuiper Belt.

The upside with MU69 (now officially named 486958 Arrokoth, probably meaning something about "sky" in the now-extinct Powhatan language) is that it's not just an unusual shape, it's a weird colour. Not the reddest object in the outer solar system, but close. The downside is that we only saw half of it and a side-on silhouette in the New Horizons flyby.

Just put Ceres into my cart for my weekly buying splurge tonight. Looking forward to whatever comes next; Vesta would be great, but I think we'll all like it no matter what.