Making A foot pose stick better? Solved

RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625
edited March 2014 in New Users

I saved my posed feet for a shoe fit. When I apply poses, I sometimes loose the foot pose and have to reapply it. Is this normal or did I save the foot pose wrong? I am trying to make it easier for my daughter to work with things.

Post edited by RitaCeleste on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,422
    edited December 1969

Is the shoe parented to the foot?

• RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Posts: 625
    edited December 1969

It is fitted to the foot, but does not appear to be a conforming item. This shoe was for V4, it is the DarkRose boots. The Onxy Boots for Genesis are behaving the same way. Daydreamer shoes seem to be conforming and they fit any pose I apply. The Cute Dress Shoes have heels but are conforming. They came with a foot pose and often you need to reapply the high heal foot pose because some poses do strange things to those heels.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,422
    edited December 1969

What figure are you trying to apply the V4 shoes to? Genesis or Genesis 2

edited March 2014

The Asobi outfit shoes and the Pale Shadows shoes have handled every pose I could throw at them as well. I suppose shoes that come with foot poses expect you will be needing to re-apply them after you apply a pose to the character? I am apply them to Genesis

edited March 2014

I am working at getting them to work on Genesis right now. The V4 dark rose boots were fitted to Genesis by 1. Loading Genesis 2. Loading the V4 Dark Rose boots. 3. Choose not to fit them to Genesis. 4.Weight Map the boots, triax. 5. Pose the feet inside the boots. 6. Save Foot pose. Transfer rigging from Genesis to the boots. 7. Go to parameters, fit boots to Genesis. 8. Save boots as an asset, figure...

I could have posed them better but so far this is what I did to get the V4 boots on Genesis in the first place. I did that yesterday. Today I loaded the boots and they fitted to Genesis when they loaded, I applied the foot pose. I apply a basic gen pose, and the foot pose disappears, and the feet stick out. I can reapply my foot pose and the feet mostly fit back into the shoes.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

This may or may not apply to you, but the order that I do things makes a difference.
    I put the clothes and shoes on a T figure, not posed. Then I clothe. If a shoe isn't fitting, sometimes (and I know this is weird) when I pose the figure (let's say "Angry Warrior" if the shoes do not follow the figure (even when parented) sometimes selecting the shoes in the Scene tab and applying the pose to the clothing item fixes them :) Have you tried that?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

Any pose that you apply to the figure is going to override the foot pose, your work flow should be fit shoes pose full figure and then apply the foot pose last.

EDIT: If the shoes deform in any pose except the correct pose then do this instead. Pose full figure, pose feet and Apply (load/Fit) shoes last to the proper pose.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Any pose that you apply to the figure is going to override the foot pose, your work flow should be fit shoes pose full figure and then apply the foot pose last.

EDIT: If the shoes deform in any pose except the correct pose then do this instead. Pose full figure, pose feet and Apply (load/Fit) shoes last to the proper pose.

Thanks again! This is good news for me. I wasn't making the foot pose wrong. I thought that might be it when the same thing happened with the Onyx boots and their pose. Now I just have to get my daughter off my computer long enough to redo the process with a better foot pose. I was sloppy while I was just trying to figure things out. This is a great way to get V4 shoes working on Genesis, probably on G2F too. I'll make sure I put the foot poses where my daughter can find them. She is so spoiled by Pale Shadows, and the Asobi outfit. I say I'm getting things for my daughter (I thought she'd just love the Dark Rose outfit) But then its me who can't stop playing with it.