Missing Genesis2Male.dsf and other necessary parts

I've seen other posts with partial answers to this issue so I'm hoping the issue has an auto fix now.

Michael 6 and my old Genesis saves will not load properly. It's a bunch of stacked gray boxes. The error message states: The following files could not be found: /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Male/Genesis2Male.dsf or /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/UV Sets/DAZ 3D/Base/Victoria 4.dsf.

Though I used DIM, Genesis2Male.dsf base model was not downloaded with genesis2. I have no idea what happened to the genesis base. Victoria 6 works perfectly.
I cannot find the files on their own for download to replace them.
Can anyone help?

Do I need to do a full reinstall? If I did that, would I lose previous purchases? ie Aiko 5, Vicki 5, Vicki 4

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It means the Content is not seen by DAZ Studio. Be sure the Genesis 2 Starter essentials are installed and the M6 content installed to a content Folder that DAZ Studio is mapped to see in Prefs. That is the Content Directory Manager section and should be mapped to the or all folders your content is installed to like this... Your Paths will be different this is mine right now...

Paths-External-Full.PNG
    424 x 461 - 51K
  • edited December 1969

I only have a Studio and Studio 3 folder. The downloads were allocated by Daz Install Manager, but the dsf base is not in the
    "C:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male" folder.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Because DIM installs to C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library until you tell it to install to another folder. The DIM also installs the Metadata and will show in DAZ Studio even if the content is not in the path. That Database does not care if the content in in the right folder or not it will still show the Icons in DAZ Studio.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2014

juels33 said:
    I only have a Studio and Studio 3 folder. The downloads were allocated by Daz Install Manager, but the dsf base is not in the
    "C:\Users\owner\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male" folder.

That's because by default DIM installs to the Public profile. You need to add that path in Studio, to both DAZ formats and Poser formats.

==to add== Jaderail beat me again...

Post edited by mjc1016 on