Any Shader Legends able to help with total newb Question?

Serefina_MoonSerefina_Moon Posts: 106
edited March 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion

Okie, I have never messed around in the Shader Mixer Pane, I've not needed to before, but it seems the logical place to try what I want to achive.

This post is as much me trying to type out my thoughts, as it is asking for advice.

First Question - Does it only work with 3Delight shaders?

My first effort, I loaded the standard Daz Iray shader on to a primitive and went in to Shader Mixer, and what was there is all 3Delight (Studio 4.10 in this case)

What I'm trying to do, is create a 2m square plane, add an image to it taken in a photo shoot, and then use the opacity part of things to change from using monochrome / black/grey/white as the strength settings, to using Green as the colour to key out.

That way I can use the stills of a model on a greenscreen backdrop, use the opacity to key out the green, while having the plane locked to the camera,... by moving the camera around I can match the models position in to the scene being rendered as the background without introducing any parralax errors or difference between the forground and background elements.

But for some reason, probably obvious to everyone else, I can't seem to add the image through the bricks in the mixer and get anything other then a plain unshaded object.

Post edited by Serefina_Moon on

Comments

• Shader Mixer supports both 3Delight (RSL bricks) and Iray (MDL bricks).

Did you select a surface with the Iray sahder applied and then in the Shader Mixer pane use its File>Import from Scene command? And when done with yur editing you then have to click the Apply button with the target object(s) and surface(s) selected.

• Serefina_MoonSerefina_Moon Posts: 106
    edited May 2020

I'm so slack at checking for replies,... just haven't had the desire, what with my favorite scripts for soft-body animation getting killed by the 4.11 and 4.12 updates.

I'll give these instructions a go, they work with 4.10?

Post edited by Serefina_Moon on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863

Broadly, I think - there were changes in how filtering worked but I can't recall exactly (or, to be honest, approximate;y) when.