[Released] Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369

Convert your favorite Genesis 2 Female characters to Genesis 8 Female characters!

The Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female transfers the morphs from beloved Genesis 2 characters to the latest generation, Genesis 8. Featuring a new conversion process developed specifically for this product, the Character Converter scripts provide easy batch execution for automatically converting your Genesis 2 Female Character to a Genesis 8 Female Character in your library. Even better, icons and categories are copied from your original Genesis 2 Character to the new Genesis 8 Character.   You can also automatically apply Genesis 8 materials to your converted character as part of the conversion process.

The new Character Converter script is extremely simple to use. Just select the characters to convert and click execute! There is also a Convert Custom Character script which will copy a Genesis 2 Female character in the scene, with all currently used morphs, to a Genesis 8 Female character (no character preset is created and no materials are copied).

Tutorial for Character Converter Products

Please see the product ReadMe for full details.

What's Included and Features

• Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female:
    • Character Converter Script (.DSE)
    • Convert Custom Character Script (.DSE)
    • Detailed User Guide (.PDF)

* The Character Converter script cannot properly convert all Genesis 2 characters, especially as Genesis 2 characters have a higher polygon count.  Characters with extreme morphs may have problems, especially around the eyes.  HD resolution characters are converted to base resolution characters.  Bulge maps, the Genesis 2 equivalent to corrective morphs (i.e., JCMs/MCMs), are not converted.  Multi-part characters (e.g., a character that loads a figure and separate horns) cannot be converted. Material presets are also not converted. Default materials copied to your new Genesis 8 characters may have ugly seams and/or misaligned features due to the different UV layout. Items without metadata can be converted but will not show up in Smart Content. They may also need to be converted using a Force Convert Item(s) button.

Extra Callie 6 Conversion images are courtesy of @Brugan 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5403631/#Comment_5403631

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 511K
popup_1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 375K
popup_2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 191K
popup_3.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 280K
popup_4.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 125K
popup_5.jpg
2000 x 2363 - 1M
popup_6.jpg
1456 x 1000 - 399K
popup_7.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 312K
popup_8.jpg
2615 x 1699 - 838K
popup_9.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 181K
popup_10.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 255K
popup_11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 119K
popup_12.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 190K
popup_13.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 247K
popup_14.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 120K
popup_15.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 185K
popup_16.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 289K
popup_17.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 123K
popup_18.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 201K
popup_19.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 304K
popup_20.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 133K
popup_21.jpg
1478 x 1000 - 475K
callie-test-001.jpg
1440 x 1440 - 293K
callie-test-002.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 373K
callie-test-003.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 280K
callie-test-004.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 344K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• Looks like my Ninive will have a second life! She has always been my favorite character.

Thank you!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited February 2020
    Barzoff said:

Looks like my Ninive will have a second life! She has always been my favorite character.

Thank you!

You're welcome!  I think Ninive came out pretty close.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited February 2020

Ah yes, finally paid off my credit card bi... OH #### ME!

Post edited by Mouser on
  • edited February 2020

I'm looking forward to this one.

I suppose once you have this one ironed out, it helps the progression to Genesis & V4 to G8F converter scripts?

:)

Post edited by captainklutz_a2ec859073 on
  • Barzoff said:

Looks like my Ninive will have a second life! She has always been my favorite character.

Thank you!

You're welcome!  I think Ninive came out pretty close.

Totally agreed. smiley

• Mouser said:

Ah yes, finally paid off my credit card bi... OH #### ME!

LOL. laugh

• I'm looking forward to this one.

I suppose once you have this one ironed out, it helps the progression to Genesis & V4 to G8F converter scripts?

Um, I hope?  I was surprised how hard the jump from G3 to G2 was.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    edited February 2020

Very nice to see this.  G2 to G3 is still covered by GenX 2, which does it extremely well, but a direct path to G8 has got to be better than double converting G2>G3>G8.

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Cybersox said:

Very nice to see this.  G2 to G3 is still covered by GenX 2, which does it extremely well, but a direct path to G8 has got to be better than double converting G2>G3>G8.

It should be much better than double-converting.  I will be interested in your results.

• I take it it is fairly straightforward to convert one character at a time rather than a batch?

I prefer to deal with one project (character) at a time & tweak, rather than be buried under a volume of content to prioritise & go through. :)

I take it it is fairly straightforward to convert one character at a time rather than a batch?

I prefer to deal with one project (character) at a time & tweak, rather than be buried under a volume of content to prioritise & go through. :)

Yes, if you have ever used one of the character converters, you would add the characters, select ONLY the one you want to convert, and click the Convert Item(s) button.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

wow.

the conversion results you've showcased in those promos are *really* impressive. 

looks like you've knocked the ball out of the park again, riversoft...

i am so looking forward to this.

j

• XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426
    Awesome!
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! *imagine M. Bison here*

+100000 for that! laugh

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Genesis 2??? GENESIS 2???? Does this mean....I can finally convert my beloved Belle 6 over to G8F???????? OMG OMG OMG. You've got no idea how long I have wished for this!!!! I threw it in my cart so quick I think I tripped and sprained my ankle!! laughlaughlaugh

And would you believe, I am $3.66 short in store credit LOL!!!! Not to worry - off to email my brother and borrow it from him heh heh. I MUST HAVE THIS. It will be mine by tomorrow cheeky

And it is released!

jardine said:

wow.

the conversion results you've showcased in those promos are *really* impressive. 

looks like you've knocked the ball out of the park again, riversoft...

i am so looking forward to this.

j

Thanks.  I hope you like it!

XpiderMan said:
    Awesome!

laugh  I am glad you are excited about it!

Imago said:

+100000 for that! laugh

We can hope. smiley

jakiblue said:

Genesis 2??? GENESIS 2???? Does this mean....I can finally convert my beloved Belle 6 over to G8F???????? OMG OMG OMG. You've got no idea how long I have wished for this!!!! I threw it in my cart so quick I think I tripped and sprained my ankle!! laughlaughlaugh

And would you believe, I am $3.66 short in store credit LOL!!!! Not to worry - off to email my brother and borrow it from him heh heh. I MUST HAVE THIS. It will be mine by tomorrow cheeky

LOL.  Enjoy!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

I had missed that this was in your pipeline and there it was today! I can finally convert my favorite character in Daz by gypsyangel, https://www.daz3d.com/destiny-for-olympia-6 to G8F and utilize all the improvements that are available today for her. 

You are so kind to us.

Thank you RiverSoftArt.

Mary

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

UGH, your killing me.  I just got G3F to G8F on Sunday.  My best characters are G2.  Now I have to get this.  Maybe not today, but I have to get this.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,135

I'm quite happy, seeing how many people turn out to have a Genesis 2 character as their favourite. That would suggest there's more people who like the more stylized "non-realistic" figures than some recurring posts on these forums would make us believe. (Given the popularity of Mousso and FWSA figures for G8, that was already obvious, just never really spoken out loud)

• Could someone post a conversion pic of Olympia 6 please?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Oh, awesome! Looks like this one can handle more extreme morphs as we, which is great!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    Imago said:

+100000 for that! laugh

Japanese M. Bison or American M. Bison? 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    Drip said:

I'm quite happy, seeing how many people turn out to have a Genesis 2 character as their favourite. That would suggest there's more people who like the more stylized "non-realistic" figures than some recurring posts on these forums would make us believe. (Given the popularity of Mousso and FWSA figures for G8, that was already obvious, just never really spoken out loud)

My favorite men and women models are all G2, no contest.

• I do like this a lot, but V4-G8F is the one I am really looking for. ;)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Could someone who has tried this converter post a converted PA character?  All characters in the promo images seemm to be Daz original core figures, I would like to see how some others are handled by the converter.  Thanks if you can ...

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited March 2020

Will there be a male counterpart to this? Going from G2 Male to G8 Male? And, if so, will this work if the G2 Male was brought in using the conveters that allow M4 to Genesis 1, and Genesis 1 to Genesis 2? That is, will it work without messing up the morphs and distorting the resulting G8 Male figure? Just wondering if something like this is planned.

Post edited by inquire on